Wife: "Why do you want guns in the house?" was answered tonight.

This is a discussion on Wife: "Why do you want guns in the house?" was answered tonight. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I to am glad all worked out well for your family and you. I am fortunate that my wife is comfortable with guns. Knows how ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wife: "Why do you want guns in the house?" was answered tonight.

I to am glad all worked out well for your family and you. I am fortunate that my wife is comfortable with guns. Knows how to operate each gun WE own. We have a defensive plan for our home. It is the same when she is home with the girls, 17,13, and 3. Head to the bedroom, get between the bed and the wall, call 911, open the gunvault, and be ready. We live in town and the response time for 911 is pretty good. I am by no means a self defence expert, and this is best for the family in our home. If someone wants our stuff, they can have it, but the people in the house will be safe. BTW, the plan is the same when the wife and I go out and leave the girls at home. My oldest knows how to access the vault and is very capable with all firearms inside. I pray that it never needs to be used, but it is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. The wife has that she-bear instinct, and I almost pity someone for coming in the house.
    Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of ones youth, blessed is he who has a quiver full of them.They will not be ashamed, they will speak with thier enemies at the gate.

Psalm 127:4-5

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Striker543 View Post
    I'm surprised no one else brought this up yet:

You said your wife dialed 911, then called you, and you were able to: make it to the house, grab your gun, go outside and find the guy, then hold him at gunpoint, all before the police arrived?! Any idea what the total response time was/usually is?
    Haven't checked on this thread in a while. Not ignoring your question.

On the night in this happened, they were here within 10 mins or so. If my wife was correct with when she called. On a seperate night when we heard someone trying to open the back door...they took nearly 45 mins. We live way out in cow land.

Re-reading this..... I have a question / comment : where was your gun ? "racked the slide and that got his attention" comment.

I don't have to rack any slide, they're all loaded and ready to go. If he had been armed , that may have ended up being a "factor" against you.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Re-reading this..... I have a question / comment : where was your gun ? "racked the slide and that got his attention" comment.

I don't have to rack any slide, they're all loaded and ready to go. If he had been armed , that may have ended up being a "factor" against you.
    Until I get a proper gun safe...I dont keep any gun loaded in my house. I have a 3 yr old and 2 yr old daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    Haven't checked on this thread in a while. Not ignoring your question.

On the night in this happened, they were here within 10 mins or so. If my wife was correct with when she called. On a seperate night when we heard someone trying to open the back door...they took nearly 45 mins. We live way out in cow land.
    Just saw this, Metro-Nashville PD's awesome response time, enjoy:
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=13248024

Also, not sure if you got a shotgun already, if you're near Nashville, may I recommend the Mossberg 500 Persuader, $289 at your local Academy Sports. Just picked one up tonight, along with a stock sleeve for 5 rounds, and some Remington 000 buckshot.

VIP Member
    ..."Maybe we should think about getting a shotgun".
    That sounds like a green light to me. You better get one before the furnace breaks or you need new tires or <insert costly life event here>.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links