Just had a MAJOR incident

This is a discussion on Just had a MAJOR incident within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two guys just tried to kick down my front door down and bugged out when they saw me coming down the hallway with my GP-100. ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just had a MAJOR incident

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...

Just had a MAJOR incident

Two guys just tried to kick down my front door down and bugged out when they saw me coming down the hallway with my GP-100.
    Just called 911, woah my hearts pounding.
    How am I going to sleep tonight?!?!?
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

2. Remove Ads

will detail after units arrive

You prob wont sleep, Wow glad everything is alright man waiting details...
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

VIP Member
    Going to be a long sleepless night, glad they did not make entry and you and yours are safe.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    when they saw me coming down the hallway with my GP-100.
    You have to love the GP-100. Like the 686, it's one of those, "whoa, we just made a bad mistake" kind of signifiers. Glad you're OK.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Okay, so I live out in the country in a nice house, I just moved in here. I was told there was an incident like this before by the guy and long time friend I live with. - So - I'm laying in bed and my dog starts doing this unusual whine sound at my bedroom door. So, startled awake I flip my lights on and let him out. He right away starts scoping out all the windows in this very odd nervous behavior (which later on I would determine was someone looking in at me). That waved all sorts of red flags in my head so I go upstairs to my room, grab my GP-100 4" that has been my nightstand ever since i got my Sig 220 that I *ahem* seem to be having difficulties with and never would I wanna say i doubt my Sig's reliability but, its not the one I trusted with my life here as of lately. Anyways...on my way down stairs...
    WHAM WHAM WHAM, someones foot coming down on my front door.
    And I went Code Red.
    With my pistol raised as I came through the well-lit hallway which you can clearly see the two thugs at the front door looking in at me coming down the hallway with a big revolver.
    They yelled OH SNAP (except not SNAP and i got in trouble long ago for trying to work my way around a cuss word so instead of saying the S word they used, I'm saying they said "OH SNAP".)
    - 2 officers just came and helped me clear my property, set of tire marks not matching mine bugging out, and ruining my grass dang it.
    So did I over react drawing my weapon as I approached the threat trying to do a B&E right in front of me? Finger wasnt ready until I was ready to take a life.

So, you don't have a door????
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    So did I over react drawing my weapon as I approached the threat trying to do a B&E right in front of me? Finger wasnt ready until I was ready to take a life.

Absolutely not. Gobblins at the door wanting into your castle. I'd have likely had 3 lbs of pressure on the 4 lb trigger too. But in NC, as long as I'm not worried about my door or neighbors, I can put them through the door. YOu never know when the door will give way, so you have to be completely ready to go.

Glad they thought better of it.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

No because I have a deadbolt and he only got the three whams and not four whams.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Absolutely not. Gobblins at the door wanting into your castle. I'd have likely had 3 lbs of pressure on the 4 lb trigger too. But in NC, as long as I'm not worried about my door or neighbors, I can put them through the door. YOu never know when the door will give way, so you have to be completely ready to go.

Glad they thought better of it.
    man im so mad, what if I had to take someones life tonight??

If this was NC you could have popped them thru the door..

It sounds like they knew you were home but decided to come on in anyway until they saw you with your gun.

man im so mad, what if I had to take someones life tonight??
    If you took his life you could have or most likely saved yours.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    If this was NC you could have popped them thru the door..

It sounds like they knew you were home but decided to come on in anyway until they saw you with your gun.
    Im in Indiana, anyone know if I couldve done this guy in through the door? The hellbilly phrase around here is shoot em on the porch and drag them inside.
    And yeah like I said they were probably watching me through the window, maybe had I been stalking my house with my pistol already they wouldve decided against taking action.
    I mean.... MY CAR was in the driveway. Blatantly IM HOME.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    So did I over react drawing my weapon as I approached the threat trying to do a B&E right in front of me?
    No, you reacted as any other human being that is trying to defend their life and property would have done. The bad guys were scoping your property when you were asleep, your dog advised you of the situation so you went to check out what was going on and the bad guys saw you through the window. Instead of the bad guys fleeing upon detection, they became more aggressive and tried to break down your door which signals that they had very evil intentions for you...therefore, your reaction to reach for your Ruger GP-100 and approach the thugs aggressively was absolutely a proper reaction. I think that this incident has shown you the importance of having a firearm at home, so perhaps you should add a shotgun or tactical carbine in case that in the future this were to happen again but with armed thugs.

Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight and congrats on how you reacted!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

You did FINE. Kept your butt inside, called the gendarmes, and stayed ready for the event that didn't happen.

The adrenaline dump will keep you from getting much sleep tonight, and you will probably replay the incident over and over again in your mind tonight. Just understand that that's the adrenaline working, and it's perfectly normal.

Tomorrow, go find a nice big ol' beef bone for your pup to enjoy - he earned it.

As a followup, you might ask the cops (if you didn't already) if anyone else in the area has had a burglary or break-in similar to what you almost experienced.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links