A poll; your HD weapon of choice - Page 11

A poll; your HD weapon of choice

This is a discussion on A poll; your HD weapon of choice within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As with any situation there is no stock answer that applies to all one may encounter, and a lot depends on where you live. City ...

View Poll Results: What's your HD weapon of choice?

Voters
624. You may not vote on this poll
  • Handgun

329 52.72%
  • Shotgun

243 38.94%
  • Rifle/Carbine

41 6.57%
  • Other, RPG, Claymore, Phaser, etc

11 1.76%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: A poll; your HD weapon of choice

As with any situation there is no stock answer that applies to all one may encounter, and a lot depends on where you live.

City folks would be best off to consider something that will not penetrate through walls and perhaps cause collateral damage, while with folks out in the country that would not be a problem.

There are 2 weapons at my bedside, a 12 guage, short barrel pump, chock full of "00" buck, and a Glock 30 with Viridian Green Laser mounted. I am quite comfortable with these close at hand but could not tell you which I would grab first until a situation arose that required deadly force. For example: Before the invasion of Normandy in 1944 there were thousands of pages written on just how this battle would be fought......but after the first man hit the beach all of that brilliant planning went out the window, and by & large everything after that was played by ear, or as situations arose.

Now I have to 'plug' what most would consider nothing more than a 'cap gun'. but don't sell this little baby short. If we are going out to a nice place to eat (not Micky Ds, Burger King or Taco Bell), where there are lots of folks in close proximity, I carry my wif'e's S&W M-317, a 10-ounce, 8-shot .22 caliber wheelgun that fits with comfort and ease in a shirt pocket like a pack of smokes, and in close quarters the little 40 gr. hollow point stops when it hits and goes no further.

Of course we all know that opinions are like a--holes, everybody has one, and there will never be an opinion that satisfies all folks or all situations.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-- Thomas Jefferson

My Remington 870 with 00 buckshot and a mounted flashlight. My wife gets the cell phone. My handguns are in a safe which I open when I leave the house replacing the shoty and taking my S&W with me. Wife keeps her pistol in a Biometric safe by her desk.

I have been thinking about switching to the AR15 since home invasions are on the rise with multiple perpetrators but its hard to question the stopping power of the shotgun.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

MJK
    Benelli M4 #4 buck @ bedside is first responder. Backups available if the situation is not resolved.

I have a 1911 under my pillow with big dot nitesights,and a mossberg 930 18.5" bbl loaded with 5 rounds of 00 in the gun and 3 more 00 and 2 slugs in the stock sleeve by my bed,I'm going for the shotgun and my room can cover the exterior doors and fatal funnel hallway,if they beebop down the hallway the first warning they hear will be a huge bang
    OD* likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

6 second video clip: FAS1 SAFE - YouTube

12421583724691669415992.jpeg

This is my first line of home defense since it it on my bed frame. My 1201FP is loaded in the RSC if needed with 00 Buck

I reach for my tried n true Glock 23 / that is the sole purpose of this weapon, is to be my home defense, fast grab at night ,'or day ' gun, fittied with a laser/strobe light combo, night sights, and more rounds of 40 ca. ammo than any three people could soak up. That is if i am in the bed and awake to that dreaded sound.....which would be more like, my wife shaking me, saying someone is breaking in.....I tend to sleep sounder the older I get, but I know the alarms on the windows n doors would wake me, so it is all good....or the barking little leg humper.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Pistola....
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Handgun. My bedroom is close to the door so I wouldn't have time to deploy a long gun. When I get a house, I plan on either a shotgun or carbine being the main gun.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Mossberg 500 persuader, 18.5 inch barrel, with 00 buckshot.

YMMV,
    boomer
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Same as my previous post. XD9 4" loaded 16+1 of Winchester PDX1 and a few spare mags. TLR1 is mounted on it as well as a Surefire E2E nearby.

I'm thinking that a AR15 SBR with a suppressor will be my next HD gun, but that will be a ways off. For now the 9mm does a good multipurpose job.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    My Kimber 45 and G27
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

My Remington 12 Gauge 870P Magnum pump shotgun and my .40 S&W Glock 23 -- until I pick up a 10mm Glock 20.
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Mossberg 590 A1. If time is not seeming to be a precious commodity I may grab my GP100, although over penetration is a concern, if they have withstood 9 rounds of OO buck out of the Mossy, I have bigger problems.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Remington 870 Tactical.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links