I guess they are taking over Texas also...sad - Page 2

I guess they are taking over Texas also...sad

This is a discussion on I guess they are taking over Texas also...sad within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 38,000 acres of ranch land. That's one darn large operation. You'd think there'd be plenty of hired help living there and providing security. Then, taxes ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I guess they are taking over Texas also...sad

VIP Member
    38,000 acres of ranch land. That's one darn large operation. You'd think there'd be plenty of hired help living there and providing security.

Then, taxes on undeveloped farm land are usually low to nil. That might explain a lack of manpower at the po po in this county.

I've a hunch there's more behind why this guy is leaving than what is covered by the story. No one walks from 38,000 acres.

But since he is scared, I'll happily trade him my 86 x 150 for 1% if there's water on it. I'll provide my own security for 380 acres. And if I need help I'll invite Glockman to pay a visit. I'll even get a nice air conditioned mobile for Sixto. I imagine he'd 'preciate the warm climate about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    38,000 acres of ranch land. That's one darn large operation. You'd think there'd be plenty of hired help living there and providing security.

Then, taxes on undeveloped farm land are usually low to nil. That might explain a lack of manpower at the po po in this county.

I've a hunch there's more behind why this guy is leaving than what is covered by the story. No one walks from 38,000 acres.

But since he is scared, I'll happily trade him my 86 x 150 for 1% if there's water on it. I'll provide my own security for 380 acres. And if I need help I'll invite Glockman to pay a visit. I'll even get a nice air conditioned mobile for Sixto. I imagine he'd 'preciate the warm climate about now.
    Hey you can count me in too! haha
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Lets face it, the politicians could care less about all of us. One side wants the illegals for cheap labor and the other side wants them for their votes. We need to educate the voters, if thats possible, and clean house in the government. The present federal government is at least twice as big as it needs to be.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think that it is time that the U.S. Government acts tougher and sends the Army National Guard to the border between the U.S. and Mexico to take control of the situation. The Americans are losing control of their land by drug cartels that are taking over land to smuggle drugs and also immigration is out of control. This situation should be on top of the agenda of Homeland Security because via the Mexican border terrorists could infiltrate to the U.S. and perpetrate a Mumbai Style attack in any of the major cities. The drug cartels have plenty of money and are heavily armed so they need to be dealt with as enemies in a war. Send the Army to take over the situation NOW!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

GM
    This is terrible, but IMO not surprising.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    im in too hopyard
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Sadly it is the same in Az, too.

It is obvious that the US Govt. will do nothing. I am surprised that the Texas governor does not call out his national guard and retake his state!!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If this guy will give me 1%, I'll set up a homestead with a residential shooting school and long rifle range that runs parallel to the border. All live range signs will be printed in Native American languages.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You are preaching to the choir here. Just remember to vote in 2012.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Make it an exotic animal reserve..pride of lions may change a few minds.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Lets face it, the politicians could care less about all of us. One side wants the illegals for cheap labor and the other side wants them for their votes.
    That is the truth of it. Neither party gives one hoot in hades whether individual US citizens live or die. There are 537 elected political hacks in DC. There are about 10,000 lobbyists bribing, wining and dining thoese politicians.

Gov Perry isn't one of my favorite people, but he's more serious about this than the Feds. This is a huge problem here in Texas. This is no longer about individuals or families coming north for the chance at a better life. This is an armed criminal invasion. I know the last time I headed south towards the Big Bend with the family, the AK and 8 loaded mags were along for the ride. I was stopped twice by Texas State Troopers near Fort Davis (for no front license plate)--I asked both if they were just looking for reasons to pull cars over to check for illegals and drugs going north or money and guns heading south. Affirmative response both times as they sent me on my way.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a massacre of US citizens for the Feds to act, and then they'll be just as incompetent as they are when securing airports...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Unfortunately, it's going to take a massacre of US citizens for the Feds to act, and then they'll be just as incompetent as they are when securing airports...
    I'm afraid that their reaction would be to further restrict those evil firearms that were the cause of the massacre.

Michael

I imagine he'd 'preciate the warm climate about now.
    It was 23 Degrees BELOW Zero on our drive home tonight at 11:30.

A bunch of us could us some warm air, LOL.

The is no political will, there is no shame in Washington, and they do not care. Only a few Americans care, or even understand now.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links