Defensive Carry banner

I guess they are taking over Texas also...sad

6K views 46 replies 38 participants last post by  Sticks 
#1 ·
TX family evacuates 38K acre ranch due to Drug Cartel

Saw this elsewhere and I was PO'd I thought I would share. And this is 70 miles inland!

Sad that this is what America is coming to

for those who hunt and own land near the border counties, prayers go up

meanwhile, those in Washington could care less about this problem

If nothing is done, it will be to late

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0xXcAUISU&feature=player_embedded

Reactions: Doodle
#2 ·
We are experiencing a foreign invasion on our home soil...its time the powers that be take it seriously and commit resources to it. Then, they turn around and blame the violence on the US gun stores. Who are they kidding...they don't get their weapons from gun stores. This is a shame and the drugs and violence are just continuing to spread further in.

#3 ·
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

This is terrible. Good to know the family is armed to defend themselves but I'm sure they'd be out gunned.

Man we need an administration with the stones to combat this problem.

#38 ·
Obama appears to see this as an opportunity to secure votes in exchange for protection. In Chicago this is called politics and in Palermo it’s called the Mafia.

#4 ·
I believe that we should send Obama and the the whole lot down there for one week with out the secret service and let them camp out at that ranch. If it were their hide in trouble we would be calling in the national guard.

It just smacks of indifference that these jackasses wont take this more seriously.

#5 ·
Those "powers that be" claim they are doing more than an anyone in history and the border is safer than ever. Until they decide to be honest about the situation and their place in it, not much will happen unless it is done locally. And the locals are outmanned and outgunned.

#12 ·
^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kinda like the Energy Department

No slam intended, but take this for what its worth,

Begun officially on August 4, 1977 during the Carter administration, now with 16,000 employees, 100,000 contract employees and an annual budget of over $24 billion, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) was created to reduce America’s dependence on foreign oil; develop energy efficient technologies; strengthen America's energy security, environmental quality, and economic vitality; and ...bring clean, reliable and affordable energy technologies to the marketplace.

Three decades later
, how has this well-funded federal department done? What's your take? Has it become a matter of the foxes guarding the henhouse?

Take from here;;http://peswiki.com/index.php/Direct...lling_Its_Mandate_to_Facilitate_Clean_Energy?

#6 ·
This is a violent invasion by foreign nationals committing crimes on our soil. In my opinion (which is worth nothing), this seems to warrant military intervention on some level. I can think of several other countries in which the US sent military resources to deal with foreign invasion...why not protect ourselves for a change?

#7 ·
This boggles my mind. Foreign invaders on our soil. What other primary purpose does the federal gov't have over protecting its own citzens?

Health care, equal opportunity, ear-mark projects, environmental concerns, and generally putting the screws to its citizens through increased regulation on all fronts, seem to take precedence with this administration.

#8 ·
I have said this time and time again, closing the borders and actually WINNING the war on drugs would cause all that federal tax funding to go away. The worse it is the more money all the municipalities and states can squeeze from the feds and buy new vehicles, equipments, and gear up like paramilitary units. Who really stands to lose money if they close the borders? The cartels? naaaa the cities and states that get war on drug slush funds, the three letter agencies that get to skim money off the top of war on drug funds for unaccountable black ops. The borders will never be closed.

#9 ·
You're probably right. I'm sure there's layers upon layers of politics and money involved. On many levels I'm sure there are people with vested interests in not fixing certain problems. If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, why stop the squeak.

#11 ·
I find it Hilarious/rediculous, and a farce, that we have a no trade/no travel , nothing to do with Cuba of all places, and here we have a powder keg of monumental proportions detonating slowly, with ever increasing veracity, right on our border, and we still have Idiots willing to vacation , spend their money there, buy goods and trade with this ridiculous 4th world country, and the government turns a blind eye.

We need to STOP doing business with This H.E. Double Hockey stick - hole of a country, post haste!

#16 ·
38,000 acres of ranch land. That's one darn large operation. You'd think there'd be plenty of hired help living there and providing security.

Then, taxes on undeveloped farm land are usually low to nil. That might explain a lack of manpower at the po po in this county.

I've a hunch there's more behind why this guy is leaving than what is covered by the story. No one walks from 38,000 acres.

But since he is scared, I'll happily trade him my 86 x 150 for 1% if there's water on it. I'll provide my own security for 380 acres. And if I need help I'll invite Glockman to pay a visit. I'll even get a nice air conditioned mobile for Sixto. I imagine he'd 'preciate the warm climate about now.

#18 ·
Lets face it, the politicians could care less about all of us. One side wants the illegals for cheap labor and the other side wants them for their votes. We need to educate the voters, if thats possible, and clean house in the government. The present federal government is at least twice as big as it needs to be.

#19 ·
I think that it is time that the U.S. Government acts tougher and sends the Army National Guard to the border between the U.S. and Mexico to take control of the situation. The Americans are losing control of their land by drug cartels that are taking over land to smuggle drugs and also immigration is out of control. This situation should be on top of the agenda of Homeland Security because via the Mexican border terrorists could infiltrate to the U.S. and perpetrate a Mumbai Style attack in any of the major cities. The drug cartels have plenty of money and are heavily armed so they need to be dealt with as enemies in a war. Send the Army to take over the situation NOW!

#24 ·
If this guy will give me 1%, I'll set up a homestead with a residential shooting school and long rifle range that runs parallel to the border. All live range signs will be printed in Native American languages.

#27 ·
Lets face it, the politicians could care less about all of us. One side wants the illegals for cheap labor and the other side wants them for their votes.
That is the truth of it. Neither party gives one hoot in hades whether individual US citizens live or die. There are 537 elected political hacks in DC. There are about 10,000 lobbyists bribing, wining and dining thoese politicians.

#28 ·
Gov Perry isn't one of my favorite people, but he's more serious about this than the Feds. This is a huge problem here in Texas. This is no longer about individuals or families coming north for the chance at a better life. This is an armed criminal invasion. I know the last time I headed south towards the Big Bend with the family, the AK and 8 loaded mags were along for the ride. I was stopped twice by Texas State Troopers near Fort Davis (for no front license plate)--I asked both if they were just looking for reasons to pull cars over to check for illegals and drugs going north or money and guns heading south. Affirmative response both times as they sent me on my way.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a massacre of US citizens for the Feds to act, and then they'll be just as incompetent as they are when securing airports...

#30 ·
I imagine he'd 'preciate the warm climate about now.
It was 23 Degrees BELOW Zero on our drive home tonight at 11:30.

A bunch of us could us some warm air, LOL.

The is no political will, there is no shame in Washington, and they do not care. Only a few Americans care, or even understand now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.