Any free Vehicle license plate lookup ?

This is a discussion on Any free Vehicle license plate lookup ? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bark'n Criminals don't fear firearms when they see you leave your house and know its unoccupied.Maybe some would be discouraged, but trust me these lowlifes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any free Vehicle license plate lookup ?

Bark'n
    Criminals don't fear firearms when they see you leave your house and know its unoccupied.Maybe some would be discouraged, but trust me these lowlifes KEEP coming. We get visited every few months just when we think things are better. All one summer they watched my place, waiting for an opportunity. Been followed to work. They know my work schedule very well. I've passed 'em several times sitting along my return route on back roads. We had to change our lifestyle and always leave someone home to watch the place.No vacations, heck can't afford 'em anyway. Bad enough that we've been trying to move to get our freedom back.This is a very determined bunch.We're not rich, but they think so. Before I knew who they were I hired one to remove an old trailer from our property. Had him in for a cup of coffee. Bad mistake, he saw alot of antiques we had. Saw my garage, commented on the tools, ect. We are marked with these ********. Found out recently from a neighbor that a guy my kids kept seeing behind our property staring down at the place, was in fact from same family. Said he was noticing him too and felt he was up to something. NO **** I tell him. Will he give a statement I ask. Nope, don't want trouble with them either. Nothing concrete to give police. They say they want video proof.Only way is to move. Sounds chicken **** , hope you don't have to find out for yourself. I won't threaten them and risk retaliation or a criminal charge. If I was single, this would all be different.Been waiting for them to arrested. One kid was for a $30K burglary. The rest of the family was'nt. It IS a family business and they are pretty smart in that respect.
    Last edited by 1911srule; January 6th, 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: just venting...

2. Remove Ads

How ironic it is that some news outlets seek and publish names and addresses of CCW holders obtained under FOI laws, yet seeking similar information about vehicle ownership is illegal for mere citizens in most states? Yes, registration of personal property is slightly different than the granting of a state license, but getting a list of licensed drivers in your own state would doubtlessly meet with the same restrictions and prohibitions.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

felony to do that, but you can do a background check on anyone and find out all of the goodies if you want to pay a few bucks for it. I havent tried it, so im not sure what you can find out on these sites.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Hire a local PI. PI's can access the info without a problems. I am an part owner in a PI business here in NY. We have been hired by police officers to run a plate so they dont get into trouble. Leo's will get jambed up by running plates when they have no legal reason to do so.

Slightly off topic until end of post.

Last week, my uncle was hired to follow a wife who was "going into NYC with a female neighbor to do some shopping". The husband knew the wife was meeting boyfriend and not shopping. Female neighbor was dropping clients wife at train station. So my uncle and two other employess each in own cars, set up at each end of the block and one in the middle to cover exits. The neighbor picks up clients wife and goes to the corner and makes a right turn onto the main road drives 50 ft pulls to the side of road and STOPs and makes a illegal U-turn and takes off like a shot pulling back onto the block the just left,exiting at the other end of the block. Zigging and Zagging in and out of traffic. Cutting thru parking lots to avoid red lights. You get the idea. The car pulls into a parking lot and clients wife jumps out and into an awaiting Truck. The Truck takes off. Ok, they think it is the wifes boyfriend. They get a photo of the Trucks plate. Wife in the Truck. Truck is also drving like a loon.

Now here is the question. Do you call into base to run the plate to see whose truck it is as the chase is going on? Answer in a few.

To answer your question, I think police can articulate why they need a plate run in that scenario. Reckless driving right?Traffic infractions,ect. My beef is if you notice suspicious vehicle/person possibly casing your home and do notify police. A common response you may receive is " well Sir its not illegal to drive down this road" or we can't do anything until a crime has been committed. So much for crime prevention.If we were able to ID people like this it would be in everyones best interest imho. So how are PI's able to access this data ?How much does it cost..ballpark?Is it legal?ITs simple to me, just trying to determine if a threat exists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links