This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves. - Page 2

This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves.

This is a discussion on This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Saber, since your described incident happened in AZ, I have no doubt that if the driver got out there could well ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Saber, since your described incident happened in AZ, I have no doubt that if the driver got out there could well have been more than a beating administered by the young guy; it could have become a gun battle on the street. Older guy was wiser staying in the car.

And yes, we have too many hot headed low IQ people floating around.
    Right....because we all know that anywhere carry is legal, the streets run red with blood. Disputes escalate into gun battles.

I seem to remember a certain Brady group using the exact same argument...

those young punks would have learned a crash course in Steve's unarmed train platform defense.

1. Grab collar
    2. Grab belt
    3. Toss off platform
    4. Repeat as needed
    Last edited by ncsteveh; January 8th, 2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: final step

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    If a 47 year old man is easily beaten up by a 12 year old boy and a 15 year old girl, then that man is a wimp. He should join a gym and take martial arts or boxing classes to learn how to be a real man and defend himself. At least this guy should also arm himself with pepper spray in case that a 9 year old gets mad at him for knocking down his ice cream cone at the mall and tries to punch him. Seriously, I cannot believe that he was so afraid of a 15 year old girl and a boy. Just punch them in the mouth, push them to the ground and proceed to administer a beating or take off your belt and let them have it. That guy would've been dead if that was a 20 year old male.

If that would've been me...the story would've ended with two teenagers seriously wounded in the hospital. I just hate young punks that think they are tough because they pick on weak victims. I wanna see them try that with a black guy from New York.
    I don't know. I felt the same way at first, but not so much after thinking about it more. If the fool wasn't paying attention to what's going on around him and gets clocked in the back of the head from behind, now he's probably bewildered and getting clobbered more from more than one direction. This bewilderment is especially the case if he's not used to it(ie never had any real hands on self defense/MA/H2H training).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    If a 47 year old man is easily beaten up by a 12 year old boy and a 15 year old girl, then that man is a wimp. He should join a gym and take martial arts or boxing classes to learn how to be a real man and defend himself. At least this guy should also arm himself with pepper spray in case that a 9 year old gets mad at him for knocking down his ice cream cone at the mall and tries to punch him. Seriously, I cannot believe that he was so afraid of a 15 year old girl and a boy. Just punch them in the mouth, push them to the ground and proceed to administer a beating or take off your belt and let them have it. That guy would've been dead if that was a 20 year old male.

If that would've been me...the story would've ended with two teenagers seriously wounded in the hospital. I just hate young punks that think they are tough because they pick on weak victims. I wanna see them try that with a black guy from New York.
    Or a White guy from New York!!

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    those young punks would have learned a crash course in Steve's unarmed train platform defense.

1. Grab collar
    2. Grab belt
    3. Toss off platform
    4. Repeat as needed

Yeah man, that's the ticket!
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Definitely picked the right target, I'm not sorry folks, what a dang whimp, yelling stop it instead of laying some fist, kicks or whatever to vital areas to make them think twice about proceeding forward or ncsteveh's simple, but effective grappling techniques LOL.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

This is also an example of why everyone should learn to defend themselves with their hands or improvised weapons, especially in places that restrict carrying a firearm or even owning one.

I saw this on a Krav Maga forum and the discussion was more towards beating the attackers off. I say save the bullets and just flip one of those punks over the rail, leverage is a great thing and it wouldn't take much to accomplish it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

" If you look like food you will be eaten".

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I've seen some young teenagers that could be linebackers for the Dallas Cowboys.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I think of looking like cactus, not worth the discomfort or effort to mess with.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    Just another pansy. If the guy had any man-berries at all he would have stomped those kids and got on with his life.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Really? I mean really? By the time the second little turd hit me, I'd be making them wish their momma was handy with a wet nap and a box of bandaids.

If anyone else would have "joined the party" even if I didn't have a blaster...I'd have commenced to cuttin', kickin', bouncin' heads off walls, and generally makin' all of them wish they'da stayed in bed that morning.

I mean....really?

I think the guy had a severe case of beotch and needed a double dose of man the heck up!

Then again...it is D.C. The Crapital of our country. It sucks worse than Detroit as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    I've seen some young teenagers that could be linebackers for the Dallas Cowboys.
    True enough Pard...but by the same token...a man with a plan has experience, treachery, and good old fashioned (hopefully) dirty tricks up his sleeve.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    guys seriously, knock it off with insulting the guy, thats all i have read in this thread. sorry if i come off as insulting but thats how its coming across to me. Its a little sad when people start talking about whipping a 12 year old boy and 15 year old girls behind like their enemy combatants. Perhaps this gentleman got hit from behind so hard it made him black out momentarily, perhaps he was so bewildered he did not know what to do. You can't just go around insulting people because they don't have the training you do. Calling someone an idiot because two young thugs jumped him and he took a beating. Please people, we're supposed to be the more upstanding understanding citizens. How about we lay the fault on some of the bystanders for not helping a man in need, instead of judging him for getting whipped. There is always someone out there bigger and stronger than you and if its a 12 year old boy and 15 year old boy, so be it. Not everyone is a hard charging highly trained self-defense guru. I know if I was completely unarmed with no weapon of any kind and I got jumped I would be in trouble. Therefore I always carry some sort of weapon, if its mace/OC spray or a baton, blade, or firearm, I am always armed. There are people out there who do not live their lives in a prepared fashion. They do not train, they do not carry weapons, they do not know self defense strikes. If they feel they are safe, and in most cases they are, that does not make them foolish. Many of you felt safe before you trained and carried. Sorry if I come across as flaming everyone, but it bugs me that instead of being constructive, we went into calling the victim an idiot and a fool.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I like your signature INccwchris. Maybe the victim in the assault should read that now and reassess his outlook on life and his ability to protect himself. Tuff love !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links