This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves.

This is a discussion on This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This man was attacked by a mob. The police were not there to defend him. He lives in a city where it is not legal ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why Everyone should be allowed to Conceal Carry and defend themselves.

VIP Member

This man was attacked by a mob. The police were not there to defend him. He lives in a city where it is not legal for him to conceal carry. What's wrong with this picture?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/...ss_igoogle_cnn
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Some random thoughts.
    People should be able to carry.
    A subway platform does not seem like the place to be reading.
    Good victim selection.
    I have to wonder how many people will jump in to help someone who will not even try to defend themself.
    Victim was obviously upset, crying about it afterwards.
    I'd have hurt some people, were it me, ccw or not.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

At 47 I hope I can take a 12 and 15 yr old. At least give them a run for their money so they think better of it next time. This may be a bit too simplistic, but when problems start people seem to fall into 3 categories. Those that will react and take charge, those that wait to be told what to do, and those that wait to be rescued.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Um...............47 MAN, 12 yr old BOY, 15 yr old GIRL. Unless he is disabled I dont think a gun wouldve mattered to him if he got whooped by them.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    "Haywood believes a boy about 12 struck him [from behind] first. A girl about 15 or 16 hit him several times and others joined in, he added."

Good thing those surveillance cameras were there, huh?

Watch your six.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Metro will "be watchful of groups of young passengers approaching other customers," its statement said.

That should cure the problem.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Ddog0587 View Post
    Um...............47 MAN, 12 yr old BOY, 15 yr old GIRL. Unless he is disabled I dont think a gun wouldve mattered to him if he got whooped by them.
    +1, Maybe this guy is one of those "few and far between" type guys who just can't find the muster to defend himself.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Its definitely unfortunate, and he does sound as though he is a pacifist to a certain extent, and that is why he was "randomly selected", to participate.
    Would he have begun to defend himself, would the others in the group with these two have upped the ante as far as the aggressive behavior?
    Dunno.
    This would have been a good time to have SD spray, or maybe a heavier book.
    I think I would have taken a couple of them out of the fight, and the others most likely would have scattered like cockroaches in the light.

Sigmund Freud: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    As someone affectionately posted, ‘any time - anywhere’...

It was just two days ago I was in the grocery store parking lot as an older guy was backing out while a young couple was walking behind with a stroller in tow. It really wasn’t a near hit, but the young couple went completely postal’ with loud f-bombs as the hubby started beating the small truck with his fist. Had the driver got out, I have no doubt the young man would have assaulted the older guy. The incident reminded me just how volatile of a society we’ve created.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    My thoughts are that this person probably would not have tried to defend himself under any circumstances even if he was physically capable. The man might also have thought he would be putting himself at some risk defending himself against juveniles. It is not a bystanders responsibility to intervene. They might also be taking risk involving themselves since the attackers were juveniles. Someone could have helped, but they didn't.

None of these circumstances explain why there was no security, much less any kind of transit police present at a busy subway station in a city like DC. This victim did not defend himself. Another person might have acted differently if the law in DC allowed for him to do so. This goes for Chicago as well.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    Saber, since your described incident happened in AZ, I have no doubt that if the driver got out there could well have been more than a beating administered by the young guy; it could have become a gun battle on the street. Older guy was wiser staying in the car.

And yes, we have too many hot headed low IQ people floating around.

The untrained citizen is fodder for the wolf packs.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Some random thoughts.
    People should be able to carry.
    A subway platform does not seem like the place to be reading.
    Good victim selection.
    I have to wonder how many people will jump in to help someone who will not even try to defend themself.
    Victim was obviously upset, crying about it afterwards.
    I'd have hurt some people, were it me, ccw or not.
    I with you 110% Guantes!

Thank goodness for my "shall issue" state!!!
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    If a 47 year old man is easily beaten up by a 12 year old boy and a 15 year old girl, then that man is a wimp. He should join a gym and take martial arts or boxing classes to learn how to be a real man and defend himself. At least this guy should also arm himself with pepper spray in case that a 9 year old gets mad at him for knocking down his ice cream cone at the mall and tries to punch him. Seriously, I cannot believe that he was so afraid of a 15 year old girl and a boy. Just punch them in the mouth, push them to the ground and proceed to administer a beating or take off your belt and let them have it. That guy would've been dead if that was a 20 year old male.

If that would've been me...the story would've ended with two teenagers seriously wounded in the hospital. I just hate young punks that think they are tough because they pick on weak victims. I wanna see them try that with a black guy from New York.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links