Description of Giffords video. First victims crawling under tables and helping others

This is a discussion on Description of Giffords video. First victims crawling under tables and helping others within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shooting back takes too long according to some pundits. I guess time is better spent crawling under a table and shielding someone with your body. ...

Thread: Description of Giffords video. First victims crawling under tables and helping others

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Description of Giffords video. First victims crawling under tables and helping others

Shooting back takes too long according to some pundits. I guess time is better spent crawling under a table and shielding someone with your body. I guess two feet away is too far away to get good aim. That's not me, sorry.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/news/vid...ting-1.1906296

"I believe the judge is a hero," Kastigar said. "I think Judge Roll is responsible for directing Mr. Barber out of the line of fire and helped save his life."

Kastigar said Loughner shot Barber, and almost simultaneously Roll moved Barber toward the ground and both crawled beneath the table, with Roll getting on top of Barber.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

It was a bad deal all around for the folks caught up close and personal with loughner. The judge is a hero in my book. If that is all he had time to do to save a life, he gets nothing but respect and prayers from me.

I certainly wish someone had been there that was able to take him out or stop him sooner than they did, but that wasn't the case this time.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

+10
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    It was a bad deal all around for the folks caught up close and personal with loughner. The judge is a hero in my book. If that is all he had time to do to save a life, he gets nothing but respect and prayers from me.

I certainly wish someone had been there that was able to take him out or stop him sooner than they did, but that wasn't the case this time.
    While I totally agree with you, unfortunately, my state laws won't allow for such heroics... Our lawful citizens are only allowed to open carry---and they would likely be improperly cited for disorderly conduct and removed from the event---thereby leaving only the "Loughners" of the world armed.

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    While I totally agree with you, unfortunately, my state laws won't allow for such heroics... Our lawful citizens are only allowed to open carry---and they would likely be improperly cited for disorderly conduct and removed from the event---thereby leaving only the "Loughners" of the world armed.
    Sounds like you folks need to work harder to elect some critters that will change your laws.

I was born in WI, but would not go back there for more than a visit or to hunt.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links