Want to Buy Some Meat? - Page 2

Want to Buy Some Meat?

This is a discussion on Want to Buy Some Meat? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We've had 'em here too. I've bought from them just to help out a kid trying to make a legitimate buck. ALWAYS pay in cash, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We've had 'em here too. I've bought from them just to help out a kid trying to make a legitimate buck. ALWAYS pay in cash, never a check or credit card for obvious reasons. Deals sound good until ya do the math comparing price per pound locally. But I noticed the people selling this often (not always)have a shady appearance. I don't think these guys make much money. They usually work in a team and go through an area over a day or two before moving on. A person with criminal intent might use this as a ruse to size up you or your home. Everyone just needs to keep their BS detector calibrated...

If anyone I don't know comes to my door, and I want to speak with them...I do so from a second story window. I do not go outside. I do not open the door.

I've never had door-to-door meat sellers come by, but I've had teens with petitions and the like. Once I've checked them out from the window, if I decide to open the door to talk further, I tell them to step back to the end of my walkway before I open the door.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Administrator
    I had one come by last summer. I told him I slaughter my own meat with a grin. He left quickly and my wife was ticked for about an hour.
    "Just blame Sixto"

No meat sellers to my current location, but I had a guy come by selling magazine subscriptions. My town is a small community, and I am a probation officer, so I know pretty much everybody. He was sporting some very telltale gang and prison tats. He barely got in to his sales pitch and trying to look around inside my house from the porch when I bluntly asked him what gang he was reppin and if his P.O. knew he was out of state (just a guess) He said "I got a business license from the town." I said "let me call my friend the deputy chief of police and he can verify that for me." He said, "I guess you dont want no magazines, I am sorry I bothered you." I said " yeah thanks, nobody else in this neighborhood probably wants any either." His reply..."OK I got it boss."

Saw him in town at the gas station about a half hour later in a beater with out of state plates and some other like "gentleman" gassing up to leave. I waved and told him to have a safe trip back to where they came from... as I pumped my gas. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    We get them occasionally, my driveway is very long so they tend to go on by. When I lived in Chicago it was pretty common, als got a lot of frozen seafood sellers also. I am not going to trust door to door seafood...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    If they show up at my house i'm going to try the "I'm a vegan" and see if they buy it, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    If they show up at my house i'm going to try the "I'm a vegan" and see if they buy it, what do you think?
    I prefer "I'm a cannibal." It works well.

Unless they start pulling out a selection from the freezer.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Lol I don't get many visitors but I'll try to remember that.

We live on a peninsula, one way in and one way out. It's a very tight knit community where everybody knows everybody. When a stranger rolls into the neighborhood, it reminds me of an old west movie. All the men-folk are sitting on their porches kicked back in their chairs with their feet up on the hitchin' post, hands patting their trusty smoke-wagons, women-folk inside loading the long guns...well, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it's not far off.

The owner of the first house on our street that any solicitor would visit before venturing deeper into our neighborhood is a SHTF kind of guy with the attitude to match. We call him the gate-keeper. So, typically after a visit with him, solicitors get the message and head on out. If they decide to venture on to the next house, shame on them. By that time, they've been met by our greeting committee and the sheriff is on his way.

Jehovah's Witnesses are my personal favorite. I fondly remember a time when they got past the gate-keeper. Three of them strutted up my driveway and stepped into my garage and offered their greetings. Well, when their eyes adjusted from the bright sunlight, the looks on their faces were priceless as they saw me sitting there in the final stage of post cleaning reassembly of my XDM 40. I asked if I could help them, but for some reason, they forgot what they came for. They simply bid me a good day and left....rather quickly.

The word must be out, because we don't see too many strangers in our neck of the woods.
    Last edited by enfd250; March 4th, 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links