What if any law is being broken? - Page 4

What if any law is being broken?

This is a discussion on What if any law is being broken? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Get a laser pointer, shine it on him? Oh, be careful you don't laze the binoculars, OK?...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What if any law is being broken?

Get a laser pointer, shine it on him? Oh, be careful you don't laze the binoculars, OK?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

thanx guys good feedback!

1911srule: been thinking about your bad situation. Hope all is well. Any progress?

@1911srule;
    what about posting a picture of the dirtbag on one of the social media's web pages asking if anyone else has seen them engaing in the same activites at different locations. Maybe some one else has the same problem and you could file a joint complaint with the LEO's. Then again either they or someone they know might get the hint that they are also being watched by more than one person and stop a bothering you. Just my .02cents.

Old thread, I know, but I feel compelled to throw in my two cents. I have a similar situation with my neighbors, who are constantly video taping and photographing us any time we step outside. The scary part is that it takes them less than a minute to be outside doing it, so they must have someone watching us ALL the time. Anyways, in my case, the behavior is actually considered stalking, and I believe what you are experiencing is too. My problem was that the Sheriff's Department and County Attorney refused to do anything, since they were on their property and could do whatever they want (this was right after they told us we couldn't shoot on our own property because it upset the neighbors). The County Attorney has since been replaced with someone competent, though we still have the same useless Sheriff. She's already agreed that it is stalking, and plans to do something about it once it starts back up again. My advice to you is to look into that aspect of it. You may even be able to get a protection order.

I know what you mean about having to deal with it for years. Been there done that. It ain't fun to feel like you're being watched every time you step outside. Another thought is to maybe start OC'ing around your property. We started doing that and it seems to have slowed things down a bit. I'm curious to know how this has played out since you last posted.

I would put on a man thong and then walk outside while striking various poses,if that don't scare him off he is up to no good
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

mel
    A big dog, would be a great start if you don't already have one. I would also suggest some of the motion activated hunting cameras (IR or NV) in strategic places, nothing like catching them red handed. Oh, one other thing, post your property for tresspassing, if they can't read which might be the case. Good luck in resolving your issues with the cast of Deliverance.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    get one of those russian circus bears to wheel around your property on a unicycle and keep an eye out for that guy. seriously the best thing you can do is get a nice big mastiff, or german shepard that loves to bark at strangers and maybe since your in a rural area, walking around OC'ing on your property is a great idea. carry a big old revolver that looks mean. being serious about this most criminals fear big revolvers more than semi autos.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Well, I don't know nothing about what guns scare bad guys, but I do know how to twist the system.

Next time you see him, strip buck nekkid, and make a lap of the house(inside). Then call 911 and report a sexual predator!

Problem solved.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Administrator
    Personally I've given up on all handguns (revolvers and semi-automatics) and now I actually have a live retired Russian Circus Bear named BORIS being delivered to my home.
    I got a really sweet deal on him because he was slightly injured in a fall off his unicycle which he was riding across a tight rope/high wire.
    The only thing that really prevented him from being killed is that a Russian dwarf dressed in a clown suit broke his fall.

Now....I need to shop for a REALLY HEAVY leash on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    get one of those russian circus bears to wheel around your property on a unicycle and keep an eye out for that guy. seriously the best thing you can do is get a nice big mastiff, or german shepard that loves to bark at strangers and maybe since your in a rural area, walking around OC'ing on your property is a great idea. carry a big old revolver that looks mean. being serious about this most criminals fear big revolvers more than semi autos.

I would try my best to have a person to person with this person ----. If you can get them to sit still, walk right up to them, ask them what they are doing. If you don't like what they say let them know you don't like it and it needs to stop.

Been awhile since I've been here. Long story short besides my visitors with criminal intent, it was also local police! Rumor has it they were primarily looking for a charge on ME. This is what happens when your enemies have friends like the District Magistrate and Chief of Police and you call the police so much they tire of you. Last I knew, its not illegal when awakened at night by a prowler, to arm yourself and walk outside around your home to check things. Lesson learned, NOT a good idea, and not something I'll do in the future but NOT illegal by any means. A total can of worms! So if you communicate your problem to police or anyone refrain from showing emotional distress. It may be misinterpreted as YOU being the problem. Under no circumstances discuss or vent about an issue online. Very likely your words will be used against you .At least we now know what the heck was happening. Not sure if police talked with our convict , but his visits are much less now.Maybe once a month he'll drive by just to let us know we're not forgotten. I just thought I'd add this and ask this thread to be closed.Thanx guys, support appreciated.
    Last edited by 1911srule; August 14th, 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: grammer

one last note...

I was thinking I should also note this so someone may benefit if under similar stress. The health effects of this kind of long term stress were mainly sleep deprivation. I averaged 3-4 hrs sleep each night. Did'nt seem like I got any good REM sleep. It wore me out. My wife and kids suffered as well. My point is, this will affect your decision making process most definitely. It is impossible to remain vigilant for long periods of time. You absolutely can not do it alone. A good watchdog is a must. Don't get one that sleeps on guard duty or snores louder than the wife...

Here are just a couple options.

If you do in fact have a good log of their activity with dates, times and photos (grainy or not), and you know their identities (known burglars), take your information and go in person to talk with a detective in the robbery unit of the local police. Or any detective if it's a small county sheriff's dept.

Don't call the police on the phone and have a regular patrolman respond to your house (that obviously isn't working). Go and meet with one of the detectives face to face in their office and get a no B.S. opinion from one of them. Maybe it will peak their curiosity if you know who these people are and know their criminal record. Offer to buy them lunch and maybe they'll give you some advice on what you can do to provide them with more information they would need to act.

Second, hire your own private investigator and see what kind of portfolio he can put together on these people. He may be able to provide you with enough information the police would need regarding their motives.

Third, I don't know anything about your home fortifications and what kind of security measures you have in place. But if you need to harden your homes defenses, I would be sure and upgrade it as you can afford to do so.

Also, I would remain armed at all times even inside the home. (I am. It's not a difficult task to do.) Also, how well armed are the rest of your family? For example, my wife is always armed, has her ccw and is well prepared to defend herself at home or outside at all times whether I'm there or not.

Hope this helps. I empathize with your situation. Something like that can be pretty unsettling.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    If you can catch them on your property at night then you've got some legal recourse.
    Hide the Bushnell Trophy Cam - Motion Detecting Infrared AKA Invisible Night Video
    Use the TIME & DATE STAMP feature.

Suggestion:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links