Having Illegals for neighbors - Page 4

Having Illegals for neighbors

This is a discussion on Having Illegals for neighbors within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seems like most of the "you must be a racist" and "how do you know they are illegals" comments are from people who don't live ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Having Illegals for neighbors

  1. #46
    Senior Member Array Rotorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SurfCity
    Posts
    541
    Seems like most of the "you must be a racist" and "how do you know they are illegals" comments are from people who don't live in states that border Mexico.
    I've lived in Arizona, California, Texas and Utah. Call me a racist, but I can probably pick 9 out of 10 illegals out of a crowd. Spend some time here and you will develop that sense as well. The folks that don't live in border states haven't seen first hand what the hordes of illegals "immigrants" have done to our neighborhoods, welfare systems, school systems and hospital emergency rooms. I pay taxes at some of the highest rates in the country and my state is still going broke. When I see a family of what I perceive to be "illegals" at a bus stop, my first thought isn't "Gee whiz...look at those poor folks", it's more like "Oh crap, there's five more kids that I have to pay to educate @ roughly 10k per student per year. Illegal daddy or mommy may pay some token amount in taxes but it surely isn't 60k or 70k per year that it cost to educate their kids."Then I multiply that example by a million or so just for my area.........
    I guess this issue is kind of like when folks get together to talk about how to raise kids......seems the one's that think they have the best advice don't have any kids......


  2. #47
    Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Seems like most of the "you must be a racist" and "how do you know they are illegals" comments are from people who don't live in states that border Mexico.
    I've lived in Arizona, California, Texas and Utah. Call me a racist, but I can probably pick 9 out of 10 illegals out of a crowd.
    I lived in Alpine, Texas. I worked in Marfa, Texas. Go through those towns and point out the people that you see that might be illegal aliens. If you think you find any at all, you're probably wrong. Are there a few items that make people seem like that they have crossed the border illegally in the past week? Yes. Are these traits still common among people that enter through lawful means? Yep. You can't look at someone and tell what kinds of cards he has in his pockets.

    Accusing someone of being an illegal immigrant based on his looks is the same as accusing someone of being a tax evader based on his looks.

    Immigration status has absolutely nothing to do with how someone wears his baseball cap, how many people live in his house, or what kind of work he is doing. Immigration status has to do with either where he was born or what kind of card he is carrying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Illegal daddy or mommy may pay some token amount in taxes but it surely isn't 60k or 70k per year that it cost to educate their kids.".
    I'm not an illegal immigrant and I don't pay nearly that much in taxes each year. Do you? I'm also aware of one illegal alien that provides a service and about forty jobs in my area. He's probably a little bit closer to paying $60k in taxes than me. And he definitely doesn't "look like" an illegal alien.
    Last edited by Agave; March 11th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

  3. #48
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    8,905
    This is what happens when we have leadership in the country that refuses to enforce laws. The people get understandably upset by what they percieve to be an assault on our culture and way of life, but eventually, the voice of reason fades and witch hunts begin.
    The true object of anger, which is the goverment is replaced by hatred of people who have done nothing that we would not do if in the same situation. Let's not let this happen. Good, innocent people get caught up and hurt by this. We are better than that.

  4. #49
    Senior Member Array Rotorblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SurfCity
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Accusing someone of being an illegal immigrant based on his looks is the same as accusing someone of being a tax evader based on his looks.
    Well actually it's quite a bit different. There is no "profile" for a tax cheater but I would bet my paycheck that the weather beaten 50 year old man I saw today riding a bicycle wearing a cowboy hat and sporting a long drooping pancho villa mustache, didn't apply and come in through the embassy.....
    [/QUOTE]
    Immigration status has absolutely nothing to do with how someone wears his baseball cap, how many people live in his house, or what kind of work he is doing. Immigration status has to do with either where he was born or what kind of card he is carrying.[/QUOTE]
    Once again, I would willing to bet that the crew that cuts the grass around here is made up of mostly illegal aliens. Having spent time in Texas, I'm surprised that you claim to not be able to spot someone of questionable status!
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm not an illegal immigrant and I don't pay nearly that much in taxes each year. Do you? I'm also aware of one illegal alien that provides a service and about forty jobs in my area. He's probably a little bit closer to paying $60k in taxes than me. And he definitely doesn't "look like" an illegal alien.[/QUOTE]
    Between my wife and I, we pay about 2/3 of that in income taxes. All of my kids pay taxes, out parents paid taxes while they were working etc etc. There are many legal Americans that receive more in benefits than they will ever pay in and I'm not thrilled by that, but at least they're Americans. Oh, ...and your illegal friend that provides a service and employs 40 people? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that these are minimum wage jobs, likely held by other folks with a similar citizenship status.
    Doodle likes this.

  5. #50
    VIP Member Array Guns and more's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Go through those towns and point out the people that you see that might be illegal aliens. If you think you find any at all, you're probably wrong.
    But........if you all recall the guy who sold a gun to an illegal at a Texas gun show and went to jail.
    The ATF argued (and won) that the seller SHOULD have known the buyer was an illegal because:
    1. They spoke Spanish.
    2. They wore cowboy clothing.
    3. They acted like illegals.

    Obviously, the ATF wants to profile, they want you to profile, yet when someone profiles, you cry foul. Can't have it both ways (except the government)
    Doodle likes this.

  6. #51
    Ric
    Ric is offline
    Member Array Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    20
    just my .02
    when Americans know for a fact, that someone is an Illegal, and does NOTHING, that American is part of the problem...

  7. #52
    Member Array Randy W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hermitage, TN
    Posts
    29
    I decided a long time ago. I am not a racist. I hate everyone equally...

  8. #53
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    But........if you all recall the guy who sold a gun to an illegal at a Texas gun show and went to jail.
    The ATF argued (and won) that the seller SHOULD have known the buyer was an illegal because:
    1. They spoke Spanish.
    2. They wore cowboy clothing.
    3. They acted like illegals.

    Obviously, the ATF wants to profile, they want you to profile, yet when someone profiles, you cry foul. Can't have it both ways (except the government)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    just my .02
    when Americans know for a fact, that someone is an Illegal, and does NOTHING, that American is part of the problem...
    You men are right on.
    Doodle likes this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  9. #54
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by sigsegv View Post
    This thread has some of the most disgusting examples of racism I've yet seen on this site. Moderators, where are you?
    Perhaps living in reality.
    Doodle likes this.

  10. #55
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,118
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    No. As strange as it may sound, her neighbors are actually decent people. They're breaking the law and taking advantage of our country's politically correctness, yes. Stealing tangible belongings, no. Should they be sent back to Mexico? Yes. Should they be accused of stealing tangible belongings? No. Someone that commits tax fraud shouldn't be immediately accused of murder. That's not the issue here.

    Based on their description, I'm 99% sure I know who the two robbers are. The halfway house down the street (they're EVERYWHERE around here! This is in a very expensive, historic neighborhood.) has their residents/inmates doing community service throughout the neighborhood. Yesterday, I had a nice little moment with two black men, that fit the neighbors description, that were looking in my truck in a nonchalant kinda way.

    We're still waiting for the police to show.
    And that right there is the main reason I turned down a job offer in Phoenix back in 2006. That, the illegal population there and the fact that I really like trees, grass and water.
    JerryRushing likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  11. #56
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,900
    OK, enough is enough. A mod is here now. Everyone is fed up with illegals, that is fact. I'm closing this thread because it is no longer serving any purpose within the scope of our forum, not because its "racist".

    I do want to point out we all assumed it was Mexican illegals ( including the ones who cried racism, and the assumption is the 'racist' part). But, we could be talking about illegals from Spain. Or maybe Americans from Puerto Rico. Maybe they are Cubans. Guatemalan? Who knows, who cares. While I'm ranting on ignorance and about crying foul when the ones crying made the foul, I'm going to point out "Mexican" is not a race. It is a nationality. Anthropologically speaking, Hispanics are Caucasian. So there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  12. #57
    Member Array JerryRushing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by black knife View Post
    First of all a lot of people illegal or not don't call the police when they see a crime in progress. See how many people will call the police when you are getting mugged in New York....probably no one. I think the question is why did she not have an alarm system? They don't cost much and they do work. I think you should be mad at her for not preparing for these types of incidents and stop blaming other people...illegal or not.
    She's a renter with four other roommates.

  13. #58
    Member Array JerryRushing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    42
    I know they're illegal because they're part of this "movement"

    YouTube - Promo March 10, 2011 - Coming Out - Undocumented, Unafraid, Unapologetic

    For the record, as it pertains to being racist, I am the only non-Hispanic sibling of 5.

    As for not reporting illegals, and therefor, being part of the problem......

    Come down here and try it one day. Even with 1070 they really do not care. The one time I tried it, I was literally laughed at.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Health care for illegals
    By kentuckycarry in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
  2. Sad: Illegals are leaving in record number
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: August 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
  3. The Cost of Illegals
    By HotGuns in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: May 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM
  4. Illegals in the Park
    By HotGuns in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: July 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
  5. Illegals Protest
    By Doc Holliday in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 01:06 PM

Search tags for this page

could my neighbor be hiding illegals from mexico.
,
hispanic neighbor stealing my internet
,
homeland security came to my house ask about neighbours
,
how do i know if my neighbors are illegals
,
i think i have illeagel neighbors who do i tell?
,
i think my neighbors are illegals
,
illegals
,

my neighborhood is full of illegals

,

my neighbors are illegals

,

neighbors house broken into

,
why would homeland security be at my neighbor's house?
,
witnessed my neighbor's home getting broken into
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors