Outside and after dark!!!

This is a discussion on Outside and after dark!!! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's all about situational awareness and being careful and smart. No, I'll answer my door when I deem necessary. My four pooches also 'assist' in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Outside and after dark!!!

It's all about situational awareness and being careful and smart. No, I'll answer my door when I deem necessary.

My four pooches also 'assist' in a 'layered' response to an after-hours knock at the door.
    drkangl6 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

I always answer the door. The number if times after midnight I got the reply “ Yoo Bro…..”

If there is a knock on the door after dark the wife and I retreat to the safe room and call 911. I then load the shottie.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    what if it is the guy across the street that is anti-gun and his wife and kids are being beat and raped by badguys?
    Then he's suffering the consequences for being a liberal twit.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

you are being dumb, let just say for some reason he's at your door needing help, he's pro-gun, nra for life member, his gun has had a mojor malfunction cause he carries a glock. so his wife and kids are just out of luck?

Oh well then I would help him.

I have no problem opening my door at night.

I just meant I'm not going to protect an Anti-Gun Person who doesn't feel the need to protect themselves.

I am not going to jeopardize my and my family's safety for anyone, by making myself a target and/or putting my family through the litigation and legal nightmares if I do have to take that persons life.

(Unless I'm at work, where its my job.)

Whats with the glock quip?
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

the glock comment was just to stir up the glock crowd, some of those guys just keep going on and on and on about how it's the only pistols that can be relied on and anything else is gonna blow-up in your hand

his gun has had a mojor malfunction cause he carries a glock
    the glock comment was just to stir up the glock crowd
    Yes, but it was so unexpected that I laughed out loud. Like Bob Hope said, timing is everything.

Senior Moderator
    Lets keep it on topic and watch the name calling and gun bashing.
    It will not be tolerated.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Cool

I use caution anytime someone knocks on my door day or night unexpectantly. I believe it just makes good sense. I have never not answered my door even for those little girls selling the cookies.

demotivational poster GIRL SCOUTS Next time you'll buy the damn cookies!!!

My friend usually goes with me to see who is there.
    IMG_1056.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I can look out my window and see if there is a car. If not (or not one that I recognize), I exit through my garage because it allows me to come up in back of who is at my door and get the drop on them if necessary. I never ignore someone knocking at my door. My wife and i keep regular hours, and I answer with my weapon ready for an afterhours knock.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

People make their choices based on personal experiences and preferences. If you choose to venture out after dark and another person doesn't, neither one is better or worse than the other. Please don't resort to calling someone weak, craven or cowardly just because they choose not to. It's their choice, be respectful of it and them. For me it depends on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    i read on this forum and others that "after dark i don't/won't answer my door" i am goin to have to call BS! i find it hard to believe that there are this many people that are afraid to answer the door, do you go outside after dark? what if it's somebody that really needs help? what if it is the guy across the street that is anti-gun and his wife and kids are being beat and raped by badguys? i answer my door at any hour, granted we have very odd schedules around here and yes if i'm out of bed i'm armed, i'm not saying that there ain't badguys out there, but i REFUSE to allow them to tell me when i can answer my door, go outside or where i can travel to.
    I go out routinely at night - often to take a walk, I enjoy it at the end of the day. That said, I wouldn't do it at 2:00 am. But you're right, one of the benefits of carrying is not living in fear all the time. If you feel a prisoner in your own house, why bother? Obsessing on danger can create fear and more fear. I say, take reasonable precautions, and live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    People make their choices based on personal experiences and preferences. If you choose to venture out after dark and another person doesn't, neither one is better or worse than the other. Please don't resort to calling someone weak, craven or cowardly just because they choose not to. It's their choice, be respectful of it and them. For me it depends on the situation.
    +1
    To verbalize the merits of ones own actions, does not require the condemnation of the actions of others or their person.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    +1
    To verbalize the merits of ones own actions, does not require the condemnation of the actions of others or their person.
    +1
    I couldn't agree more. It always puts a burr under my saddle when someone types that anyone venturing out of the safety of their abode at night is said to be "wandering around". I always thought wandering meant without a purpose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links