AT&T almost losses an employee, and probably my future business!

This is a discussion on AT&T almost losses an employee, and probably my future business! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Haha. She was trying to sell you U-Verse. That's the opening line of the sales pitch. I used to sell it. I don't think she ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: AT&T almost losses an employee, and probably my future business!

Haha. She was trying to sell you U-Verse. That's the opening line of the sales pitch. I used to sell it.

I don't think she "trespassed".

Would you be upset with UPS delivering your new holster and opening two gates to leave it at your doorstep?

If she jumped a locked gate that's a whole different story.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    AT&T almost losses an employee
    Just another over cooked "Someone knocked on my door thread". On the plus side though, at least it's not another "I had a scary dream" thread.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    No, I would not.

It is perfectly normal to open a gate to get to a door to knock, ring doorbell, etc. I would not consider it trespassing to open a gate merely to do so.

If the gate were locked, that would be another story. If a person refuses to leave when asked, etc.

People are way too over-sensitive.
    I with you on this one. + 1. The gate may be just to keep the dog in, or kids in, etc.

Now, down in Arkansas a lot of the 'signs' read .... " anyone passing this sign will be shot on sight".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Haha. She was trying to sell you U-Verse. That's the opening line of the sales pitch. I used to sell it.

I don't think she "trespassed".

Would you be upset with UPS delivering your new holster and opening two gates to leave it at your doorstep?

If she jumped a locked gate that's a whole different story.
    This.
    I can see my next 25 lb of black powder being left on the sidewalk outside my gate. Or that next rifle i'm expecting UPS to deliver.

Michael

I cannot explain my hatred for ALL cable and internet providers in this thread. I would need a dedicated server to handle that rant. However, the day one of my companies knocks on my door to tell me they actually upgraded their POS infrastructure in my area, I would be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    + 2
    In our neighborhood this is common practice. I think the OP is a little too up tight.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Only a "no-solicitors" or "keep out" or "no trespassing" or "do not enter" sign points to a breech of trespassing. If you don't want people to enter your property, including past a gate, make it explicit. If they do, then you've got a cause to be upset.

??? Someone rang your door bell............ Get rid of your door bell

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Did you have a doorbell, etc. on your outer gate? How are people supposed to announce their presence unless they come to the door?

Heck around my parts it's not unusual for acquaintances to just walk right in, it being 'southern hospitality' and such. That's why I always keep my doors locked. "No Trespassing" aren't very attractive but they get the job done. Unfortunately they have little force behind them. Rare is the LEO that is going to show up and actually arrest a 'salesman' for crossing the line, providing they are even still there when the LEO shows up. I like the "Beware of Dog" sign better, even though it is often an empty threat. People also I think can better appreciate the consequences.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

As an ex-Jehovahs Witness I opened many a gate when I lived in Vegas, then when I moved to Oregon you don't open any gates or go on anyones property that has a No Trespassing sign. If the gate is unlocked and there is NOT a no trespassing sign they can legally walk up and ring your doorbell. At home these days I only lock my doors at night, but I am sure I would keep my doors locked and be on constant high alert if I lived in Texas, AZ or the People Republic of California....

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    A stranger to a property should respect a closed gate just as they would a closed residential door. Announce your presence and wait for some one to respond or leave. Obviously that doesn't apply if the visitor is on official business, a family member, or an acquaintance, but that's just me.
    Same thoughts here. When I was growing up we always had a no trespass sign on the gate and the dog was always there to greet any potential "guests". The sign also had the home phone number on it in small print to call for access. If you were a trusted friend or family the dog was trained to allow you to the front door. Anyone else was fair game. She even took a chunk out of an LEO's behind when he failed to heed the sign... I did kinda feel bad about that one. He was door knocking the entire neighborhood looking for witnesses to a recent local break in. Alas, al lcould have been avoided had he read the large sign and followed directions. Some people were born to learn the hard way
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    How long ago were you growing up, packinnova? Or did you live by a pay phone?
    lol

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    In your opening post, you stated she was never in any danger of you shooting her, yet the thread title states AT&T almost lost an employee. Which is it? I agree with Zader, people sometimes seem to be looking for drama.
    I agree with you
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    How long ago were you growing up, packinnova? Or did you live by a pay phone?
    lol
    He's done growing up,Now he's growing out & needing a bigger barrel J/K
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

seems like a big to do about nothing. She annoyed you for a few minutes at most. Your home is your castle but dang, there is no need to get that worked up about a solicitor. Just say that you're not interested and close the door behind you. End of interference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links