Doggy doors

Doggy doors

This is a discussion on Doggy doors within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some people can squeeze through really small openings. I remember a gas station that was burglarized in the 1960's, the guy knocked out a single ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HKinNY

Thread: Doggy doors

VIP Member

Doggy doors

Some people can squeeze through really small openings. I remember a gas station that was burglarized in the 1960's, the guy knocked out a single "cinder block" from the wall and squeezed through that opening. I don't doubt that some scrawny kid couldn't squeeze through a large-sized doggy door, in fact I think I've seen a video of it actually happening.

Here's a recent story............AND WHERE WAS THE DOG DURING THIS?

A 21-year-old Shreveport man was arrested Friday after he was captured on video using a doggy door to enter a neighbor's home.

Timothy Sepulvado admitted entering the home several times over the last few months, stated a news release.

After noticing several items out of place a missing in her home, the homeowner set up a camera that caught Sepulvado entering the house through a pet door and walking around in the house while the homeowner was at work.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Better that than for him to come in while she was home. Glad they caught him! Oh, she probably has a Golden Retriever like I do, mine would wag her tail and love all over anybody who comes into the house.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Better that than for him to come in while she was home. Glad they caught him! Oh, she probably has a Golden Retriever like I do, mine would wag her tail and love all over anybody who comes into the house.
    Sounds like my yellow lab.....

I am a small guy,only 5ft5 and was at one time weighed only 140 lbs.I worked at boeing aircraft plant.I was able to get inside an engine nacelle to buck rivets.I got in and out several times a day.I was the only one who could. sj
    The opening was 14 x 14 inches.hows that for small?
    Last edited by sjones; March 16th, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

There was an incident 3 years ago where a mountain lion entered a home in Salida, Colorado through a pet door.

Lion enters home

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Better that than for him to come in while she was home.
    What you say is true, and I'll add, he could also choose to be already waiting inside for her when she does get home.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

They make pet doors now that only open with an electronic dog collar that matches the frequency of the lock on the dog door. Keeps unwanted four legged and two legged critters out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    They make pet doors now that only open with an electronic dog collar that matches the frequency of the lock on the dog door. Keeps unwanted four legged and two legged critters out.
    That is a really good idea. Do you know any brand names?

Sponsor
    My kids used to enter the house via our doggy door when they forgot their keys. Our dog would not allow anyone but family in the home and had to be trained to accept a new person into the family. I would never have a doggy door for a dog that did not have this trait. Our security breach has been sealed since "Cinnamon" has departed for doggy heaven.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There've been several cases here in FL where burglers brought their small child along for the trip to crawl thru doggie doors and unlock the doors (Nothing like "home schooling," huh?). Wouldn't have one myself. I'm not so lazy I can't let the dog out when needed and it's trained to hold it. Should an accident happen, it's easier and cheaper to clean up than replacing stolen items.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Why do I keep seeing Home Alone playing thru my mind?
    MadlyAlive likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    That is a really good idea. Do you know any brand names?
    I know there's a company called Plexidor that makes them...I'm sure there's others. I didn't end up going this route as I didn't want to have it on my dog's collar all the time and they can get expensive. Ended up with a Hale door as they're based in AZ and make a quality door.

OK I can kinda help with the electronic doggy door question. I was at Pet Smart today and for a "small bread" doggy door it was $119.00. And "large bread" was $199.00, But I don't remember the brand name. Sorry. The large breed had a picture of a greyhound and the small some toy dog.

Sponsored Links