Raped after assisting “stranded” motorist.

This is a discussion on Raped after assisting “stranded” motorist. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've stopped stopping. I will call 911 or the Sheriff on my phone as I pass them. Better yet have my passenger call b/c I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Raped after assisting “stranded” motorist.

I've stopped stopping. I will call 911 or the Sheriff on my phone as I pass them. Better yet have my passenger call b/c I hate talking on the phone and driving.

I'm not duty bound to assist anymore. Maybe it sucks, but that's the way it is.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Sometimes, problems could have been avoided.....
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Let's not blame the victim please. Stories like this hit close to home.

In todays world of cell phones,I'll call 911 to send help
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Re: Blaming the victim. I believe that most here have sympathy for the victims of crime, but I think that it is also appropriate to point out when the behavior of victims increased their likelihood of becoming victims.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Its sickening that an honest person trying to help can't even lend a hand anymore without fearing for their safety and life. Our fellow man has become very unethical and unmoral I know they don't care about that but it sucks knowing thats what our world is coming too. Prayers go out for the victims family and friends. That guy will get the same treatment in prison I suppose.

A friend of mine had a very similar experience and she was devastated, hence my sensitivity to the subject matter.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Most vehicles when they break down have enough inertia to get to the shoulder of the road, not stop in the middle of it. Stops and gets out of her vehicle to help him push his vehicle out of the road and offered him a ride. What she should have done was stop with her doors locked, engine in gear, window down about an inch and asked what the problem was. Then advise that she could notify 911 to assist him. Any funny business, she just drives away!

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I operate a CMV hauling Hazardous materials, and its against corporate policy to stop and assist sranded motorists.

Will I stop in a dire situation,!!! PROBABLY, but I doubt I will ge out and do as she did.

She should realize her limitations ,as stopping to assist a male in a situation like this could have had an even more dire ending, as in the Channon Christian story.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

There is a stretch of highway about 10 miles long in Arkansas, where numerous women's cars have been found on the side of the road, and they have never been seen again .... this goes from the 1970's thru 90's . And none have ever been found, and no one has ever been caught. I have property not real far from there and always wondered, what women would drive that stretch of road at night without a gun on them ? I mean really, who ?
    Even I wouldn't drive it without a gun with me.

It has lots of traffic, so most would assume like me, that surely someone would see something, or stop and assist if they knew they were in trouble. But, it hasn't been the case. It has left everyone baffled.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I grew up in a fairly small town, but it was common to offer people who were walking a ride to where they are going, stop and help stalled motorists, and help people in general. Now I wouldn't ever offer a ride to anyone I don't know, wouldn't accept a ride from someone I don't know, and the only time you will see me pull over to help is if I'm armed and they are trapped inside of a crashed, on fire car and need immediate help before the police can get there or they will die.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

This dirtbag deserves nothing but lead, and lots of it.OMYOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

TVJ
    I notice that she was alone and decided to help at 2:30AM.

Call operator on cell, ask for non emergency police number, direct connect with operator to police, tell them of stranded motorist location.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Re: Blaming the victim. I believe that most here have sympathy for the victims of crime, but I think that it is also appropriate to point out when the behavior of victims increased their likelihood of becoming victims.
    x2.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links