It can happen in a flash

This is a discussion on It can happen in a flash within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Old School The driver stopped to try and do the right thing and it almost cost him his life. The women who ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: It can happen in a flash

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The driver stopped to try and do the right thing and it almost cost him his life. The women who sounded her horn for five minutes was very brave as this out of control mob could have just as easily turned on her. Sad commentary on some members of our society.
    Exactly ...... so many folks have no idea how far we have fallen to where this is the norm rather than the exception.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm usually one to stop and help but in this scenario if I were to witness this in progress I'd drive away ASAP. If you get out to help you're either going to have to shoot someone or you're going to get beaten.

If you do have to shoot someone you can bet that his twenty friends will testify that he (the person you shot) was only there because he was walking home from helping crippled puppies at his local church. You were the instigator and shot a completely innocent man, a saint by the way, that was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

I'm not sure how many there were, but I'm betting I don't carry enough bullets to deal with a situation like this.

This country's got problems. Keep yer powder dry my friends.

Hmmmmmmm.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The driver stopped to try and do the right thing and it almost cost him his life. The women who sounded her horn for five minutes was very brave as this out of control mob could have just as easily turned on her. Sad commentary on some members of our society.
    A little generous in your assessment. Nothing but wild animals.

This would NOT happen in FL. If I lock my doors DON'T try to open them, A word to the not so wise ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Well, here the law treats your vehicle the same as your house, if someone forcibly or illegally enters your house then you can shoot them, it's the same for your vehicle.

So, it wouldn't be wise for anyone to try to enter the car. Driving off and calling 911 would be good, but if I had no time ..... they wouldn't want to do it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Wow, that's scary cause an eerily similar scenario happened to me. Guy ran into the road in front of me while I was driving up 200 to Ocala to class at CF one night (I was taking my D training there.) I didn't hit him, though. Luckily I had time to swerve onto the shoulder, however there was another car there and I barely missed hitting it. At first it looked like the guy was trying to wave someone down (maybe to get help with the car,) so I thought about stopping to see what was going on. Then he ran off and a group of what I'm assuming was his family exited the car. They looked pretty pissed; I'm guessing at that point that they had some sort of fight and the guy ran out of the car. One of them looked at me with a glare that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I backed up, mashed the gas down and got the hell outta there.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    I'm not sure how many there were, but I'm betting I don't carry enough bullets to deal with a situation like this.
    An AR in the trunk solves that problem. Your hand gun is just to get you to your long gun.

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    I do
    and
    An AR in the trunk solves that problem. Your hand gun is just to get you to your long gun.

the AR is in the back floorboard since I now have a pickup

If I'm the driver and I see mob coming at me and can tell they ain't comin to get my information or check on the guy I hit I'm hitting the gas if possible. If not, and they come to bust in my car to get at me I hope I don't get too much hearing damage from firing inside my vehicle cause they will not get me out of the car until I'm out of ammo.

If I'm a witness, 911 first, then assess, I may have to use my vehicle as a weapon, I may have to use my pistol. If as described, multiple people beating/kicking and people holding him down, smashing his head into ground = deadly force and deadly force in return is justified.

as said...wild animals that have no regard for someone need to be treated as wild animals, these people are thugs and turds of society
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    If as described, multiple people beating/kicking and people holding him down, smashing his head into ground = deadly force and deadly force in return is justified.

as said...wild animals that have no regard for someone need to be treated as wild animals, these people are thugs and turds of society
    Exactly right

Situational awareness at all times is my rule, expect the unexpected.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I do
    and

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Just like the knuckledraggers they are; THEY are scuffling with someone else, and were stupid enough to run INTO harms way, and now, the same cretins who hw was fighting with, just seconds ago, are probably the ones who put the beatdown on the driver; Just Because man.

Nuke 'em.

Confucius:
    To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links