Alarm Systems

This is a discussion on Alarm Systems within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking at putting in a simple system, unmonitored. Needs to be wireless and I do not have a land line so no phone ...

Thread: Alarm Systems

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Alarm Systems

I am looking at putting in a simple system, unmonitored. Needs to be wireless and I do not have a land line so no phone line connection. Nothing elaborate, just something that if someone tries to enter, it sets off an alarm waking us up. My dogs kinda do that, but not always. Suggestions?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

I built my own from Honeywell Ademco. Completely wireless with the exception of the keypad in my Master bedroom for programming. I have a 7845GSMR GSM wireless unit as I don't have a landline in my house. It also connects through the Internet for backup monitoring.

It also depends on much you want to spend. I spent about $1,500 for the entire setup. 4 entry doors (including the garage door), 20 windows, 2 sliding doors, 6 motion detectors, 4 smoke detectors, 2 CO2 detectors, 4 glass breaks.

They sell alarm systems in a box for a few hundred dollars that are portable. They usually come with the keypad, a motion detector and a door contact.

Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Links