Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas. - Page 2

Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

This is a discussion on Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by xXxplosive Now that the warm weather is here, a problem for me has been being armed while at our pool and on ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Now that the warm weather is here, a problem for me has been being armed while at our pool and on our deck. If I don't bury a hand gun in a towel near me I am at a loss for an answer especially while in a bathing suit.....

Any Ideas......please.

How I do it is put my p3at in the pocket holster and then in a zip lock bag and drop it in my board shorts side pocket or front pocket and be done. Or i just dont bring it. I leave it in the car. I carry my knife everywhere and I dont need to carry at the pool or beach, I carry my benchmade lightweight 530 knife and leave the firearm in the car.

I usually have a maxpedition fat boy nearby. Has served me well with the maxpedition velcro holster and mag carrier.

I got a above groun pool, So I keep mine on a hook on the skimmer ; ) Just a Thought
    H/D
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    its your pool, put it next to the pool. who cares if someone sees it at your place?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Call me crazy but carrying a gun with the muzzle aimed at my head just doesn't entice me one bit
    ksholder, sid1 and gator15 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For comfort and discretion, go with a fanny pack.

Get something other than black and apply someone's logo to it.

Get your team's colors, anything that doesn't scream "GUN" to the uninitiated.

Mine happens to be black, but it has a large leather logo patch on the front.

This is really about not "offending" the neighbors while staying discreet and safe, isn't it?
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

I carried my 442 in my swimming trunk pocket around the beach all last summer, no problem. I've got a travel shaving kit bag that I keep my ipod, keys, etc. in while at the beach. If going for a swim, I put it in there. I always put up a canopy on the beach because I refuse to sit in the sun and bake like a piece of rotisery gold chicken. I put a cable lock through it and lock it to the canopy frame (up high in the center) while unattended and then zip the bag around it and cover with a towel. The kids can't reach it and it would take a little bit of obvious work for someone to snatch it and a little more work before they could use it. I don't venture far and keep an eye on our stuff. For the most part, it stays in my pocket. I thought long and hard about double zip lock bagging it and keeping it in my pocket while in the water...I might do that this year. Being an internal hammer revolver, I could actually fire it from inside the bag with no problem if it was big enough to allow me to get my finger in the guard.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Now that the warm weather is here, a problem for me has been being armed while at our pool and on our deck. If I don't bury a hand gun in a towel near me I am at a loss for an answer especially while in a bathing suit.....

Any Ideas......please.
    How far away are your neighbors?
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Haha I love this post.. Made me lol.

Not much concerned about the neighbors.....more for the friends around me at pool side or on our deck while in pool attire........

VIP Member
    Not much concerned about the neighbors.....more for the friends around me at pool side or on our deck while in pool attire........
    I agree with what another poster stated about a bioguard safe.
    "I've noticed that everyone that is pro-abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I strongly suggest that a move would be in order.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Spear gun

How much gun?

Pelican #1060 Micro Case will hold an S&W 3" round butt model 36. It's water tight. Grips must be flush with the bottom of the grip frame. Pelican makes 'em bigger of course.

It could masquerade for your camera, phone, or other electronic gadget.

I think you need to talk to that gal that tried to smuggle a gun into a prison. She had some pretty creative ideas. Maybe you could do something similar. No guarentee the gun won't print.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links