Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

This is a discussion on Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Simple. Change your "pool attire" Seriously, I quit wearing swim suits a few years ago. I usually swim in some kind of quick-dry shorts and ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

Simple. Change your "pool attire"

Seriously, I quit wearing swim suits a few years ago. I usually swim in some kind of quick-dry shorts and a tank top. You said you were mainly just lounging around not even swimming, so why not wear some light clothes? I have a pair of those uh, "sporty" dry-fast shorts that have belt loops for a regular sized belt. Go IWB with a nylon belt and kydex holster and wear a dark tank top for cover. You could probably find something that would work.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

2. Remove Ads

Benchmade 530 makes a utility knife. very respectable.
    Benchmade 530 makes a very respectable utility knife I just want to say to the Pelican 1060 Micro Case is designed to protect valuable small items from water, falls, knocks, sun, atmosphere changes , and more. It's Designed to be watertight and crushproof and has an automatic pressure purge valve that's sized to protect a cell phone, camera, ipod, important 'papers, or other small items. It is designed watertight and crushproof and has a pressure purge valve that is automatically sized to protect mobile phones, cameras, ipod, important papers, or other small items. Great for rugged sports, boating, skiing, jet-skiing, biking, and more. Great for rugged sports, boating, skiing, jet skiing, biking, and more.
    Thanks You and God Bless You DefensiveCarry.com

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I just put mine in a backpack with my wallet, phone, keys and an extra towel.

With respect.... the way I see it is that, at some point I have to decide what is more important for me, living life or having my gun constantly on me. I am a very active person in life and there are a few things that I do without my gun directly on me.... wearing a swimsuit is one of them.

I hope you find something that works for you.
    suntzu and DC like this.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I think sometimes we just need to consider carrying less than 100% of the time. In my case its not realistic. But if it is YOUR pool, consider the liability if a child comes across that loaded weapon. Is this a macho thing or is your threat level demanding of it?Maybe secure one in close proximity to your pool area. Don't know your situation, or threat level...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Swim suit pocket, or in a towel...no big deal!
    shooterX likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Small auto or revolver pocket carry.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Gangsta-stuff in the front of your Speedo (please don't post pics).

More seriously, IWB with shorts, mount a holster under a pool table or lounge chair, or a full-up long gun in your chair cushion tote.

Good time for a paid political advertisement that a home swimming pool is significantly more dangerous statistically than home firearm, and though ownership of the latter is specifically protected by the constitution, it's the only one of the two that requires a gov't background check.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I was reading through this thread and saw a comment on the first page from Guantes and thought I had traveled back in time!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

--Jason--

I would bag it in a waterproof bag and shove it in the cooler with the beer

I would just relax in the pool with the kids and for once just enjoy a non gun moment. Seriously. If you think there is a high threat level you need to keep it on you. If there is not a high threat level and you just like to have it near by it won't do you any good if it is under a towel while you are in the water.....
    I don't carry when I run or swim.
    atctimmy and Vaquero 45 like this.

VIP Member
    Is the pool deck at your private home? Are there a lot of other people around? Kids?
    With out other people around or kids at my home I can and do have my carbine nearby. If you have guests or kids around I guess I would go with a small handgun IWB in my suit. Most adult swim suits now days are very baggy ( unless you are from europe say speedo and need to shave my back) so you should be able to hide it well. Just remember not to jump in the pool with it on. If you do I hope you start a thread about it so we can have some fun with it. I hope you are not in the middle of lubing up with tanning oil when you need to "pull" your gun.
    Have fun and happy summer!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    With out other people around or kids at my home I can and do have my carbine nearby.
    Where the heck do you live? Downtown Fallujah?
    Vaquero 45 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links