Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

This is a discussion on Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think it may be time to re-assess your threat level while poolside. Are you at home or at a public pool? Do you have ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

  1. #46
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,242
    I think it may be time to re-assess your threat level while poolside.

    Are you at home or at a public pool? Do you have small children? Do you have a high fence?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Member Array pappou68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    302
    If you need to be carrying at the pool, time to find another pool.
    Vaquero 45, suntzu and PatAz like this.

  4. #48
    Member Array cuckoo429's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Detroit Area
    Posts
    145
    I was in the same situation when I lived in an apartment. i used to bring 2 towels, use one for me and wrap my holstered weapon in the other. Or I would take off my shirt before I get to the pool, wrap my holstered weapon in my t shirt, nobody can see, still concealed. the only drawback is it's not attached to me. I don't really go swimming, just layed out at the pool and watched my kids swim. Kept it close to me at all times. Never had an issue, but looking back now, I guess some would say I wasn't in complete control of it because it wasn't at my side attached to me. Oh well, turned out OK. I carry in my house, don't own a pool, so different situation now.

  5. #49
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    This thread is crystal clear evidence that some people are so obsessed with "surviving," that they have forgotten how to live.
    suntzu and Ksgunner like this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  6. #50
    Ex Member Array RayBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    386
    Maybe a cooler,picnic basket,camera bag, wifes purse,fanny pack,wrapped up in a towel is good,so long as no one grabs the towel and slings your gun in the pool.

  7. #51
    Member Array GJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    83
    That must be one badass neighborhood!

  8. #52
    Member Array gator15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    This thread is crystal clear evidence that some people are so obsessed with "surviving," that they have forgotten how to live.
    I disagree, the man is just preparing for the worst in case of attack. Who would expect a guy at the pool to be carrying?! Gotta have a BG mind set at all times...

  9. #53
    Member Array gobbly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    122
    Get one of these, sling it over your shoulder, and jump right in! :)

    AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun!!! - YouTube

  10. #54
    Member Array QuasarZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mn
    Posts
    22
    Why not just in a backpack next to your chair? If you need it in a hurry I don't imagine that is any slower than a fanny pack or buried under layers of a towel in a zip lock. But who knows, I am new to all this stuff and am learning as much as I can on here.

  11. #55
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Now that the warm weather is here, a problem for me has been being armed while at our pool and on our deck. If I don't bury a hand gun in a towel near me I am at a loss for an answer especially while in a bathing suit.....

    Any Ideas......please.
    Would people believe that that bulge in your suit is just "you"?

  12. #56
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Here in NC you can not carry into an event that required an entry fee. I would assume you have to pay to use the pool complex or pay a membership. A definite no-no in these parts.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  13. #57
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Here in NC you can not carry into an event that required an entry fee. I would assume you have to pay to use the pool complex or pay a membership. A definite no-no in these parts.
    In fact any public gathering even if a fee isn't charged, like say a town hall meeting or a parade.
    dben002 likes this.

  14. #58
    VIP Member
    Array 1 old 0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,125
    I carry a 2 shot Chrome Cobra .38 deringer in the back velcro pocket.

  15. #59
    Member
    Array finst3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sarasota FL
    Posts
    325
    SHARK !!!!



    Under the tinfoil cap?
    Seriously .... carry at the pool?

    Call your real estate agent, it's time to get the heck outta Dodge..

  16. #60
    PM
    PM is online now
    Senior Member Array PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Here in NC you can not carry into an event that required an entry fee. I would assume you have to pay to use the pool complex or pay a membership. A definite no-no in these parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    In fact any public gathering even if a fee isn't charged, like say a town hall meeting or a parade.
    So where can you carry in NC? Any public event is about like well LIFE!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

concealed carry at the pool

,
concealed carry bathing suit
,

concealed carry bikini

,
concealed carry swim trunks
,
concealed carry swimsuit
,
deck concealment ideas
,
home concealment ideas
,

home gun concealment ideas

,

safepacker concealment holster

,
safepacker holsters
,
speedo swimsuits for concealed carry
,

swimsuit concealed carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.