Defensive Carry banner

Concealment at our pool.......need some ideas.

10K views 61 replies 54 participants last post by  high pockets 
#1 ·
Now that the warm weather is here, a problem for me has been being armed while at our pool and on our deck. If I don't bury a hand gun in a towel near me I am at a loss for an answer especially while in a bathing suit.....

Any Ideas......please.

#31 ·
Simple. Change your "pool attire"

Seriously, I quit wearing swim suits a few years ago. I usually swim in some kind of quick-dry shorts and a tank top. You said you were mainly just lounging around not even swimming, so why not wear some light clothes? I have a pair of those uh, "sporty" dry-fast shorts that have belt loops for a regular sized belt. Go IWB with a nylon belt and kydex holster and wear a dark tank top for cover. You could probably find something that would work.

#32 ·
Benchmade 530 makes a utility knife. very respectable.
Benchmade 530 makes a very respectable utility knife I just want to say to the Pelican 1060 Micro Case is designed to protect valuable small items from water, falls, knocks, sun, atmosphere changes , and more. It's Designed to be watertight and crushproof and has an automatic pressure purge valve that's sized to protect a cell phone, camera, ipod, important 'papers, or other small items. It is designed watertight and crushproof and has a pressure purge valve that is automatically sized to protect mobile phones, cameras, ipod, important papers, or other small items. Great for rugged sports, boating, skiing, jet-skiing, biking, and more. Great for rugged sports, boating, skiing, jet skiing, biking, and more.

#33 ·
I just put mine in a backpack with my wallet, phone, keys and an extra towel.

With respect.... the way I see it is that, at some point I have to decide what is more important for me, living life or having my gun constantly on me. I am a very active person in life and there are a few things that I do without my gun directly on me.... wearing a swimsuit is one of them.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Reactions: DC and suntzu
#34 ·
I think sometimes we just need to consider carrying less than 100% of the time. In my case its not realistic. But if it is YOUR pool, consider the liability if a child comes across that loaded weapon. Is this a macho thing or is your threat level demanding of it?Maybe secure one in close proximity to your pool area. Don't know your situation, or threat level...

#38 ·
Gangsta-stuff in the front of your Speedo (please don't post pics).

More seriously, IWB with shorts, mount a holster under a pool table or lounge chair, or a full-up long gun in your chair cushion tote.

Good time for a paid political advertisement that a home swimming pool is significantly more dangerous statistically than home firearm, and though ownership of the latter is specifically protected by the constitution, it's the only one of the two that requires a gov't background check.

#43 ·
I would just relax in the pool with the kids and for once just enjoy a non gun moment. Seriously. If you think there is a high threat level you need to keep it on you. If there is not a high threat level and you just like to have it near by it won't do you any good if it is under a towel while you are in the water.....
I don't carry when I run or swim.

#44 ·
Is the pool deck at your private home? Are there a lot of other people around? Kids?
With out other people around or kids at my home I can and do have my carbine nearby. If you have guests or kids around I guess I would go with a small handgun IWB in my suit. Most adult swim suits now days are very baggy ( unless you are from europe say speedo and need to shave my back) so you should be able to hide it well. Just remember not to jump in the pool with it on. If you do I hope you start a thread about it so we can have some fun with it. I hope you are not in the middle of lubing up with tanning oil when you need to "pull" your gun.
Have fun and happy summer!

#46 ·
I think it may be time to re-assess your threat level while poolside.

Are you at home or at a public pool? Do you have small children? Do you have a high fence?

#48 ·
I was in the same situation when I lived in an apartment. i used to bring 2 towels, use one for me and wrap my holstered weapon in the other. Or I would take off my shirt before I get to the pool, wrap my holstered weapon in my t shirt, nobody can see, still concealed. the only drawback is it's not attached to me. I don't really go swimming, just layed out at the pool and watched my kids swim. Kept it close to me at all times. Never had an issue, but looking back now, I guess some would say I wasn't in complete control of it because it wasn't at my side attached to me. Oh well, turned out OK. I carry in my house, don't own a pool, so different situation now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.