Going on vacation, tell my apartment manager? - Page 2

Going on vacation, tell my apartment manager?

This is a discussion on Going on vacation, tell my apartment manager? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Make sure you got Renters Insurance,just in case,at least it will help replace anything,and it's pretty cheap...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going on vacation, tell my apartment manager?

Make sure you got Renters Insurance,just in case,at least it will help replace anything,and it's pretty cheap
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yup.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I would NOT. My last apartment manager stole a CD player out of my truck that I know of (but couldn't prove). There were SEVERAL vehicle break-ins, including my truck twice and my neighbor's 2 cars. My neighbor moved out a month or so before I did because of it, and that was the main reason I also left before my lease was up. About a month before I got out they replaced the entire management/maintenance team - gee I wonder why? I'll never rent again if I can avoid it, I'd rather live in my truck!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    So I'm going on vacation here pretty soon. I'll be gone for about 9 days. Do you guys think it's a good idea to tell the apartment manager?
    do you live in a must inform state?

sorry, couldn't resist

-joke off-

I think it depends on how much you trust your apt mgr
    as others said, stop mail/newspaper and try to get a buddy to look after things
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Well I've returned to the real world again and all is well. When I returned to my apartment my computer was performing the tasks I'd scheduled it to do.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    So I'm going on vacation here pretty soon. I'll be gone for about 9 days. Do you guys think it's a good idea to tell the apartment manager? Anything else you suggest I do to prepare?
    Can you really prepare for what you can't predict? We do very predictable things against cunning and unpredictable thieves. Some of them do stalk the place before attacking but others don't! So, whoever you will tell or what ever measures you think you can take, a burglar entering your house empty or not is not really what you had in mind, right? Don't imagine that the world is revolving around you! Maybe people will not even notice you are gone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links