Ever install an alarm system

This is a discussion on Ever install an alarm system within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well don't because it's a royal pain. I spent the better part of a day and some of a second feeling real stupid. This was ...

Thread: Ever install an alarm system

Ever install an alarm system

Well don't because it's a royal pain. I spent the better part of a day and some of a second feeling real stupid. This was a wireless do it yourself system requiring every sensor to be learned by the base unit along with an internal mobile phone like device allowing the base unit to talk to a monitoring company via mobile signal. I was a nuclear reactor operator/nuclear electronics technician back in the navy and I literally almost got my butt kicked by a stupid home security system. The kicker is I don't think I saved us much money either. Never again.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Every time I've had a hard time with such things, I've always found myself over thinking it instead of just following the instructions. (assuming they are decent)
    "Just blame Sixto"

Instructions where horrible as well as there being a set of sometimes conflicting books for every different sensor. The glass break sensor had to be programmed with tech support on the phone because you had to be in a high level menu with options more in depth than the instructions explained.

Sixto like the bug by the way

Links