Speaking of a storm shelter...

This is a discussion on Speaking of a storm shelter... within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I shouldn't have been surprised, although I was, seeing new homes being built on top of a low tech storm shelter. Lot of the houses ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaking of a storm shelter...

I shouldn't have been surprised, although I was, seeing new homes being built on top of a low tech storm shelter. Lot of the houses destroyed by tornados lately here are doing this.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by smudley View Post
    Not sure I'd like the fact of local officials having GPS coords.
    I understand about natural disasters but what about civil unrest and a Katrina scenario where local LEO's confiscated private citizens weapons?
    Agreed. You need to fully understand what you are "prepping" for. If it's civil unreast then you obviously don't want to be in the system. However, if you have pulled permits for the job its already too late. If you are just being prepared for storms then you are doing the right thing.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

I wouldn't think that because they have my gps location that they will take any of my weapons. I am not going to keep any of them in there. That would be irresponsible as a gun owner and they would probably rust after a while. My guns will stay in the big safe that there in until after that storm. I would only have my edc for that day on me.

For those "special moments" if it hasn't been mentioned already: 5 gallon pickle bucket, plastic toilet seat, double liners, TP. I would also have a 3 ton floor jack, a couple 4"X4", 2"X4" boards to force debris, trees, etc. away to get out of the shelter.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

I love the toilet idea. That's great!!! And also the shelter comes with a 8ton come a long and the door slides actualy it doesnt open up so I have two places to hook the winch to and force open. Plus it opens from either end just in case. As far as prepping for civil unrest, I know what you guys are talking about but if the government is in on things they aren't going to let you know there coming when they do so prepping for that is useless in my opinion. I mean don't get me wrong I have a bug out bag and prep but still....

We keep water, portable toilet and TP, flashlite and batteries, folding cot and chair, and a air horn with extra cylinders. There is, of course, a firearm and ammo. It's very easy to make it too crowded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links