The dog as first line of defense: RIP Ouija

This is a discussion on The dog as first line of defense: RIP Ouija within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man, I hope they catch the guys that did this.... Ouija did his job... And the homeowners prolly avoided a violent home invasion. My dogs ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The dog as first line of defense: RIP Ouija

The dog as first line of defense: RIP Ouija

Man, I hope they catch the guys that did this....

Ouija did his job... And the homeowners prolly avoided a violent home invasion.

My dogs don't have a doggy door to go out... they bark, I assess the situation, sometimes they don't shut up... but I can live with that.

>>>Ouija the hero<<<
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

And I hope they rot.....
    oakchas likes this.

It's only a matter of time...this dirtbag(s) time is WILL come.
    He'll approach the 'wrong' home and meet swift justice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Too bad there aren't more of the "wrong" homes out there for criminals to face off against.

VIP Member
    The thug is fortunate his shot was true.

An Akita would have made a snack out of him, very fast.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Too bad the homeowner didn't have any surveillance cameras,usually when most people go to sleep criminals are getting ready to go to work
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    i lock off the dog door when nite or away. hope the scum gets a nice infection.

is there a real and legal reason why , when multiple BGs are known to be involved and one goes for medical help--why can not the help ( afterall, he waited long time to go get the help, who says he has to get it the moment he shows up)---make him give up the names of his accomplices before aid is administered. so hes bleeding-give him a towel. and wait for him to talk, sing, write it down, whatever.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

As the owner of four dogs, it pains me to say this, but better a dog than the humans Ouija was protecting. An honorable death, in the line of duty. No higher honor could be bestowed upon that dog.
    oneshot and rickz301 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Burglar, with gun, entering homes at night when they know the residents are inside. There is nothing good going to come out of that.

Dog did his job well. Too bad he paid for it too.

My Ex-wife, went out the door early one morning before sunset without turning on the light....... one of our dogs (one attached most to her) rushed out the door into the pitch dark in front of her , she heard him growl and a WHAP ! She screamed, I was just waking up.... rushed outside with a light..... and hit the outside lights as well as I went out the door.

We found the dog. We also found where someone was trying to break into a truck. The dog was killed by someone hitting him up the side of the head with a baseball bat , per the vet that examined him. The Police..... did NOTHING , didn't look for them, and didn't care. But, I think he saved her and was protecting her from walking into what would have turned into a bad situation. I did put out a reward and found out who did it, and they had admitted it to several people, but Police would still do nothing. They were later caught in the act .... and charged with breaking into and stealing stereos, etc from 30 + vehicles. He was 18, lived with his parents, and they were fairly wealthy.

All I wanted, was 5 minutes with him and a baseball bat.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

RIP Ouija, you saved your family.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

My boxers seem to sense if anyone even approaches our home...Better than ADT.

RIP Ouija....

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

My 6 month old pup is very alert and investigates any mobvement or noise inside or outside of the house. He has a vicious bark, and so does my 12 gauge.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    RIP, Ouji. Hopefully, the lowlife burglar who shot this noble animal will pick the wrong house soon, and be greeted by an armed homeowner.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

RIP Ouija. Beautiful, protective dog. Hopefully they get the scum bags before they break into a house with a moss500 instead of a Ouija.
    CCW- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mmC
    HD- EAA Witness P .45acp
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    Thomas Jefferson

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links