What would you have done?

This is a discussion on What would you have done? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Teens in a mob assault and rob Center City patrons | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/29/2011 This seems to be happening more and more during the ...

Thread: What would you have done?

What would you have done?

Teens in a mob assault and rob Center City patrons | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/29/2011

This seems to be happening more and more during the summer months here. The restaurant where the people were robbed is a block away from my office. My bosses are not real big on the idea of me carrying at work. what would you do?

2. Remove Ads

I've been hassled by large groups of teens before, when I was younger, and pepper spray deterred them when I held it up. This situation certainly sounds less wild than mine was, but I would have hosed down the kids surrounding the one who took a swing at me. I'd be sure to carry some sort of spray, and just keep my eyes peeled for big crowds of people moving together. It's not hard to spot 100 people walking in the same direction, but far too easy to walk out of a coffee shop into the middle of the throng if you aren't being observant and just focusing on your friends etc. Be smart, avoid trouble I say!

Links