Do you carry at all times inside your home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at all times inside your home? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At all times? Nope... I have 3 kids, it's just not practical or enjoyable to carry all the time. I realize I can't pick when ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you carry at all times inside your home?

At all times? Nope... I have 3 kids, it's just not practical or enjoyable to carry all the time. I realize I can't pick when I'll need my guns, but my life doesn't revolve around my guns either.

I carry when I can and when I leave the home, otherwise they are ready to go if needed.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar

ALWAYS!!

Because:
    • Having something 5 seconds away from you won't help in a 4 second situation.

• You can find a comfortable clip-on, retention, or shoulder holster for almost ANY firearm.

• Having to put on a belt to hold up a holstered firearm is NOT a hardship - having you or your loved ones harmed IS.
    I started out intermittently carrying & keeping my holstered firearm nearby, but finally made the commitment to always keep them on me after reading enough sad news stories of people who either didn't have a firearm or couldn't get to theirs in time. I certainly didn't buy mine just to make me feel safer!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Yes,almost 24/7,not while i'm sleeping. And for you people that said you live in a nice neighborhood(so do I)do you think crime is only in bad neighborhhoods?
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

never too far away from one, but i dont feel the urge to have one on me at all times
    -Jim

when second's count,the police are only minutes away!"Clint Smith".

If I am dressed, I am armed.
    10thmtn likes this.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

I usually have one on me, but if not, there's one hiding in nearly every room.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I usually have one on me, but if not, there's one hiding in nearly every room.

I need a new glock for my shower!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post

ALWAYS!!

Because:
    • Having something 5 seconds away from you won't help in a 4 second situation.

• You can find a comfortable clip-on, retention, or shoulder holster for almost ANY firearm.

• Having to put on a belt to hold up a holstered firearm is NOT a hardship - having you or your loved ones harmed IS.
    I started out intermittently carrying & keeping my holstered firearm nearby, but finally made the commitment to always keep them on me after reading enough sad news stories of people who either didn't have a firearm or couldn't get to theirs in time. I certainly didn't buy mine just to make me feel safer!
    I agree but since I can't convince my wife to get a CCW and be interested in it, she at least knows where the "front door gun" is and how to use it. So if I'm in the basement armed and someone come to the door, I'd rather the gun be within her reach. I have several down there within about 10 seconds reach.

Unless I'm in the shower I'm armed at home.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    Yes,almost 24/7,not while i'm sleeping. And for you people that said you live in a nice neighborhood(so do I)do you think crime is only in bad neighborhhoods?
    No, I still have crime. Call me cavalier with my life, but when I am lounging around the house, I am not going to lug my brick of a gun around with me. If someone busts in my house and starts shooting before I have 5 seconds to react... Oh well. I try my best to stay safe, but I refuse to be on red alert 24/7. My nerves like to chill when I am at home.
    MustangGT likes this.

Since getting a tiny Ruger LCP, it's always on me. Usually in my pocket. So yes, I'm always armed at home.

Prior to getting the little .380 I was still always with a gun within arms reach, but now it's always on my person in some form or fashion.
    10thmtn likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yep, at home the little 10+1 CPX-1 9mm is always on...To easy to do...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Always within an arms reach...ALWAYS, and usually more than one, but I don't have kids at home either. My youngest is 28.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Only time I am not armed is when I am asleep in bed or in the shower. However, one is only an arms reach away. Home invasions happen at home. Why take a chance?
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links