Do you carry at all times inside your home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at all times inside your home? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm ALWAYS!! Because : Having something 5 seconds away from you won't help in a 4 second situation. You can find a ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you carry at all times inside your home?

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post

ALWAYS!!

Because:
    • Having something 5 seconds away from you won't help in a 4 second situation.

• You can find a comfortable clip-on, retention, or shoulder holster for almost ANY firearm.

• Having to put on a belt to hold up a holstered firearm is NOT a hardship - having you or your loved ones harmed IS.
    I started out intermittently carrying & keeping my holstered firearm nearby, but finally made the commitment to always keep them on me after reading enough sad news stories of people who either didn't have a firearm or couldn't get to theirs in time. I certainly didn't buy mine just to make me feel safer!
    I've been rethinking this as I'm a stay at home dad for the summer and my kids are out and about. If I"m outside and someone pulls up to start some trouble or snatch a kid, I'm really not 5 seconds from my house gun, am I. So loaded and started keeping my LCP in my pocket as well as the "front door gun" in the house. Barely know it's there and since I'm not going to school, no reason not to have it on me at all times as a BUG.
    Thanks for keeping us thinking.

Jim

2. Remove Ads

ALWAYS!!

Because:
    • Having something 5 seconds away from you won't help in a 4 second situation.

• You can find a comfortable clip-on, retention, or shoulder holster for almost ANY firearm.

• Having to put on a belt to hold up a holstered firearm is NOT a hardship - having you or your loved ones harmed IS.
    I started out intermittently carrying & keeping my holstered firearm nearby, but finally made the commitment to always keep them on me after reading enough sad news stories of people who either didn't have a firearm or couldn't get to theirs in time. I certainly didn't buy mine just to make me feel safer!
    I've been rethinking this as I'm a stay at home dad for the summer and my kids are out and about. If I"m outside and someone pulls up to start some trouble or snatch a kid, I'm really not 5 seconds from my house gun, am I. So loaded and started keeping my LCP in my pocket as well as the "front door gun" in the house. Barely know it's there and since I'm not going to school, no reason not to have it on me at all times as a BUG.

Jim

I've only had my CC permit for a few months, but it's radically changed how I carry at home. I felt like I was acting paranoid as I practiced carrying in different holsters around the house, but the more I carry, the more normal it feels. I'm to the point now that I carry 100% of the time I'm not asleep/showering/at church/at my place of employment. Those do take up some significant chunks of my life, obviously, but as my options holster-wise expand, the comfort level also rises quite a bit. I just built my first Kydex holster for my .38 Bodyguard, and it has made it even more comfortable for wearing instead of pocket carry.

RKM
    I carry about 50% of the time inside my home. If it's not on me, I can literally reach for one.

I used to, then I got 3 pitbulls ;)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

If I am sitting on the pot it is on the counter next to me.
    If I am in the shower it is on the shelf just outside the curtain.
    If I am in bed it is on the dresser within arms reach.
    Any other time it is on my hip or in my pocket or on my ankle.

Any way you slice it it is in reaching distance.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    I used to, then I got 3 pitbulls ;)
    The doggies do offer that possibility of a few more seconds...don't they?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

The doggies do offer that possibility of a few more seconds...don't they?
    more like minutes. they know someones walking up to the door 50ft away

even if they got in, I think id rather be shot then get attacked by 3 pits protecting there home he he

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post

Jim
    The thing I realized after getting my LCP was that as light and small as it is, there is really no excuse not to have at least that gun on you at all times. In a pocket, you just don't know it's there. Not like my SP-101 snubby.

I recently ordered a Kydex neck holster for it from Raven Concealment for use during my exercise walks in the neighborhood for times when I'm wearing gym shorts which have no pockets. It had a 16-18 week lead time the first of April so it should be coming anytime soon.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes. Always on me or within arms reach (holstered) all the time. Taking out trash, mowing grass, yard work, or sleeping in the lazyboy. Right now the kids are in bed and it is laying on the desk in front of me. Once I go to bed, it is holstered and under my body pillow that I am leaning on. My kids would have to roll my 250 pounds off of it to access it...and I'm a super light sleeper. That's the next best thing to having a IWB holster for my drawers.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have guns all oven my house. If I am sitting there is a .45 acp within reach of my right hand. If I am in bed there is a .45 on the nightstand and a 12 guage on the wall rack. All are chambered and ready to go.

I attribute my multitude of guns to a good upbringing. My dad operated a small business out of our house when I was growing up. The office was on the kitchen table. One of the salesmen that called on him had a funny comment. He said "The first couple of years I came here I was a little nervous. This is the first house I have ever been in that had a gun in EVERY corner!"

Do you carry at all times inside your home?
    No. Of course not. I get comfortable inside my home. House guns are within easy reach but not strapped to my body. I wouldn't discount the fact that home invasions can happen anywhere but I am fortunate enough not to be living in some post industrial snakepit where they are common place. I'm comfortable with my security procedures.
    Old School likes this.

Cool

I do not carry inside my residence.

There is always a firearm or other weapon easily accessable and I keep my doors and windows locked.

I am comfortable with my security when I am in my home.

I believe in having an early warning system and I have two of those.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm in the shower or sleeping but the firearms is always within arms reach
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links