Do you carry at all times inside your home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at all times inside your home? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have visitors of the four leg version regularly, when a "thump" happens around here there usually isn't time to start looking for a firearm, ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Do you carry at all times inside your home?

We have visitors of the four leg version regularly, when a "thump" happens around here there usually isn't time to start looking for a firearm, they are "posted" in certain places. While it's not a BG, a bear in the back yard, disputing ownership of the garbage can with a couple German Shepards, will certainly remind you to keep a weapon handy.
    "Come Watson, the game is afoot!"

2. Remove Ads

We have effective firearms close by wherever we are in our home. I am not going to carry inside my own house and am perfectly comfortable with the chance I may be taking.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

No, I don't carry in my own home. There are guns available and I know where they are. The chances of a bad guy just materializing from nowhere are slim and none. Something has to happen first. A car appears in the driveway, there's a knock at the door, there's a sound outside and the cat investigates, eerie music begins to play like in those slasher movies....

When any of that happens, I get the gun.

Even James Bond slept with the gun beneath his pillow. It wasn't strapped to him.

I have not read this whole post but here is a simple and direct answer. YES!!!!

My niece was murdered in her home by someone I believe had intensions of raping her but she put up a fight and was killed instead. Always carry all the time. We have become comfortable and sedated in our easy way of life. We sometimes have to be reminded to be ever vigilent. Be aware of your surrounding(situational awareness). There is a reason Jesus refers to us as sheep in the Bible.

Practice makes perfect, Knowledge is Power.

AFB

New here

New to the forum but have been reading through many of the threads and have learned alot so far. I carry as often as my life allows it which is only about 30 percent of the time but when i am at home i have the gun within reach at all times and if i leave my room its on me. I recently graduatted college and moved out of my dads house and into an appartment that in within in a minute of down town and is above a flower shop. So compared to my out in the country previous home where i never carried around the house i do now and mostly because i am not use to my surroundings of this new place. I just bought a new LCR and carry that everywhere because its comfortable, my room mates dont care because they know if something does happen i am only feet away. At night the LCR gets hidden and the glock 23 w/ a surefire x300 goes on the night stand, only reason is because i love having the light on the pistol. But i dont carry the glock around the house because of the weight.

Yes, always. Why? I like consistency. I carry the same 2 guns at home as I do outside. No need to "strap on" to go outside, with the attendant temptation to say "Oh, forget it...I'm only going out for a sec..." How many times are you "home" but still end up having to run outside? How many times does a quick trip to the store turn into a 4-hour ordeal as you run around trying to find what you need? It happens.

I know a lot of folks here like to denegrate the so-called "mouse guns" for a variety of reasons (caliber, capacity, etc)...but I can tell you that if I have clothes on, I have two guns on me. Either two LCPs, or a PM9 and a LCP. With those pistols, there is literally no reason at all not to be armed - in comfort.

And as the wise saying goes...two is one...one is none.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    YES always and in the shower plastic bags work great

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    No, I don't carry in my own home. There are guns available and I know where they are. The chances of a bad guy just materializing from nowhere are slim and none. Something has to happen first. A car appears in the driveway, there's a knock at the door, there's a sound outside and the cat investigates, eerie music begins to play like in those slasher movies....
    Hope you were only trying to be funny ..... The bad guys don't always drive up and announce themselves before an assault and if you believe you're going to always have advance notice, you are pretty naive.

I've seen others comment that they live in a nice neighborhood, so they have no reason to worry.... Think about it! ... Where is the money and nice property, sure isn't the "bad side" of town.

I've been between jobs since May, so I'm at home all day in my "nice neighborhood" (very nice actually) and it's alarming how much traffic we have each day when most folks should be at work.... I know most all of my neighbors, and these cars don't belong, so you think they may be just checking us out?? ... Use your heads people. In today's world, you must think and act differently. Very sad, but very true. And if you think you hear about all the crime in your area by reading the paper and watching local TV, I've got a bridge to sell you.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Yup,Always Carry,Never Tell. Plus my knife and a small Pepper gel dispenser. All home invasions happen at home. Please carry safely.

I'm amazed at all the "nahhh I live in a safe neighborhood " comments! I was thinking that this would be the last place I would hear something like that! I have my m&p. 45 in my crossbreed at all times. When I'm in PJ's the pf9 comes along for the ride. I pray none of you who "its only 5 seconds away" need that extra 5 seconds to defend family and loved ones!

I don't carry when at home, however i have a firearm in each room arms length away. I feel confident that anyone that tries to break in will be dealt with in the proper manner!

Always.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Almost. Sometimes I have made coffee before putting it in a pocket. I can get to it before someone gets to me.
    Skillet Hot!

this guy had his concealed weapons permit and took his gun off when he got home.......deadly mistake.

LiveLeak.com - Home Invasion Triple Murder caught on tape
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I've either got the gun on me or on the table or desk beside me. Stuff happens quickly. The gun that's in the next room, or upstairs, or just across the room; might not be close enough if and when you need it. I don't have any children in the house, so I don't have any concerns in that regard. I also conceal the guns if anyone comes to visit. Other than the folks at the range and the people that I bought the guns from, very few people know that I have a gun or a permit.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Links