Marshalltown, Iowa incident

This is a discussion on Marshalltown, Iowa incident within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just heard about this on the morning news, (this is what they said on TV): a guy got charged with 'armed with intent' when ...

Thread: Marshalltown, Iowa incident

Marshalltown, Iowa incident

I just heard about this on the morning news, (this is what they said on TV): a guy got charged with 'armed with intent' when he found a trespasser on his property. Apparently he found a guy trespassing and confronted him with a 9mm, fired a warning shot into the ground, the police came and arrested them both. They said the homeowner should have just retreated away from the threat and not gone out with a gun. Again, that's what they reported on the morning news.

I had to fire up the computer and find out the rest of the story, something didn't seem right.

Now, the article below describes the incident a little better. The TV news was right but they left out one detail, the homeowner chased the trespasser ACROSS the street and that's where he fired the shot. Now it makes more sense. So after that story they followed up with another one about the locals sheriffs complaining about the new gun laws, "It doesn't give them any control about where and when a person can carry, it doesn't allow them to add any stipulations to the permit"

The day has to get better from here, right?

Gunshot fired at trespasser in Marshalltown

2. Remove Ads

This is about the third instance of warnings shots I've seen in two days. What's with people?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

JD
    Administrator
    Thread all ready running elsewhere.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

JD
    Administrator
    Original thread running here: BAD: warning shot.

Links