Best small Biometric safe?

This is a discussion on Best small Biometric safe? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just looking for a small safe (one pistol) that I can bolt to my old night stand preferably. I want it to be biometric but ...

Thread: Best small Biometric safe?

Just looking for a small safe (one pistol) that I can bolt to my old night stand preferably.

I want it to be biometric but am worried about possible recognition problems, speed is a must.

I read there are several problems with the GunVault series... Any opinions appreciated!

I have a safe as my night table. It has a digital keypad to unlock it. I mounted a OWB holser to the door by drilling 4 holes in the back door and passing thru 1/4 bolt spaced out so the bolts will not allow the holster to travel up on down. I have 4 wing nuts on the outside of the holster so if I need to use the holser I just unspin the 4 wing nuts. In the morning I just close the door and the safe is locked.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member
    I recently bought a Barska biometric safe and so far it has been flawless. I programmed my finger in just once and unless I really put my finger crooked (like 45*off center) it opens every time. I even tried it will damp hands and it worked fine. I will eventually program my finger in several different positions and a few other fingers as well for good measure.

Barska does make a mini and top opening safe both of which I think would fit a single gun. I have a bigger one that is holding 3 pistols, magazines and some ammo. Amazon has them starting at $180.

Also look for comparable Stack-On biometric safes. As near as I can tell they are just rebranded Barskas as they look nearly identical but with a lower price tag, but aren't available in all sizes.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Links