How do you train your kid(s)?

This is a discussion on How do you train your kid(s)? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This occured in an affluent, "nice" area of metro Detroit. So, how do you get your (teenage) kids, nieces, nephews, grand kids to, first, LISTEN ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Inspector71
  • 1 Post By ConcealedG30

Thread: How do you train your kid(s)?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

How do you train your kid(s)?

This occured in an affluent, "nice" area of metro Detroit. So, how do you get your (teenage) kids, nieces, nephews, grand kids to, first, LISTEN to you, then how do you train/educate them to avoid these types of situations, if at all possible.

Teens Walking On Trail Robbed At Gunpoint - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit

2. Remove Ads

There are nice areas of Detroit?! I think kid "training" begins on the fundamentals, nothing to do with tacticle situations. Listen to what I say, respect your elders, don't say what you aren't suppose to, don't go where you aren't supposed to, beware of people/places/situations you don't know, and listen to what I say.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Don't leave the house in Detroit, unless it is to catch a bus outta town.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    There are nice areas of Detroit?! I think kid "training" begins on the fundamentals, nothing to do with tacticle situations. Listen to what I say, respect your elders, don't say what you aren't suppose to, don't go where you aren't supposed to, beware of people/places/situations you don't know, and listen to what I say.
    Situational awareness is KING. That being said I have four children and they all do things differently even though I try to teach them the same things.

Imagine that children that hear what they want to hear.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

MotorCityGun

I dig the Avatar. It seems so appropriate with our current mind set in Goverment.
    MotorCityGun likes this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I don't disagree with what either Justified or G30 is saying, but HOW do you get them to listen? With all of the "distractions" in today's society, it's difficult even to get their attention, let alone listen, learn and apply your teachings, such as, situational awareness, stranger danger, etc., etc.

Pratice what you preach...
    Do what you say... & say what you do...

Do as I say not as I do. It doesn't work and never has

last but not least, I'm a firm believer in capitol punishment. I'll even volunteer to fly around the country a rid our prisons of convicted rapist, murders & pedafiles on my own dime. I'm sure their are plenty of people like myself ready to quit reintegrating this filth back on the street so they can attack our daughters & wives when they are most vulnerable.

Interesting that all these tough guys won't attack me, or people like me.

We need to hold people accountable for their actions not just as parents but as a nation as a society. I could go on all day with this. You've got me fuming at our judicial system.

Links