Hideaway

This is a discussion on Hideaway within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Part of the plausibility conundrum inherent in describing Kenley's masterpiece is the sheer scale of the project. When most people think of a bomb shelter, ...

Thread: Hideaway

Wink Hideaway

Part of the plausibility conundrum inherent in describing Kenley's masterpiece is the sheer scale of the project. When most people think of a bomb shelter, they envision grainy black and white U.S. government videos of nonplussed nuclear families scurrying into a basement room the size of Amelda Marcos' walk-in shoe closet. Kenley's 2,000 square foot, four storey subterranean hangout is replete with concrete walls and floors that are one metre thick, secret passages, 13 ventilation systems, an "electromagnetic, pulse wave protected" computer room, 1,000 gallon water tank, radiation proof paint, spacious living and storage areas and two "secret" rooms—simply too big to fit the construct of the average Jane and Joe's mind without a little visual help.
    I just ran across an old thread few may have seen. The ultimate BOIP ("Bug Out In Place"):

Ultimate Hideaway!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

2. Remove Ads

On How the states got their shapes not too long ago, they took a tour of the house of a couple that bought a Cold War Missile Silo, and converted it to a home. Essentially the whole house was an underground bomb shelter. Kind of along the same scale as linked. There was also an interesting house shown when Spike TV was doing their best defense survival series on Saturday mornings, the house had been designed with extra security and safety and ventilation and a helipad for rescue after an earthquake (LA area home, but it was a multi million dollar house made to showcase the technology). BOIP is probably what most people are going to end up doing unless the scenario is a hurricane and people have evacuated, even then many stay behind for many reasons, having a place in the home that can withstand when mother nature and mankind turn for the worse is something people should consider. I know there is a propensity for bug out bags and run but sometimes it's not an option or the best option.

Glock Certified Armorer

Links