YAFM (yet another flash mob) - Page 2

YAFM (yet another flash mob)

This is a discussion on YAFM (yet another flash mob) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess that soon convenience stores will be like the OTC pharmacy section, you take a ticket for the item you want to buy to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: YAFM (yet another flash mob)

I guess that soon convenience stores will be like the OTC pharmacy section, you take a ticket for the item you want to buy to the counter

Here's a longer article on the same incident, more insight given to the LEO's thoughts on the issue: Police scramble to fight flash-mob mayhem - CNN.com

Part of the problem is that a crime has not been comitted until they actually leave the store with merchandise that has not been paid for. 10-20 patrons in the store all at once can be a great night profit wise or a terrible night loss wise.

Being armed and trying to confront one or more of them can make the situation go all kinds of bad real quick. Locking the doors on them will have the ACLU all in a tizzy cryin' false imprisonment or something else a baby would say.

Short of having LEO parked there, or allowing only 2 people in the store at one time the only solution I see is like someone mentioned before: Have everything locked up. Customer says what they want, clerk rings it up and collects payment, associate clerk picks order and distributes through another secured window.

This crap infuriates me and it's going to turn violent, they will soon get bored with stealing pork rinds and pigs feet and they'll start going for regular customers wallets and jewelry and finally the clerk and cash register. Someone will confront them and end up dead or worse. Unfortunately our laws are set up to protect these miscreants from the street justice they deserve.

I do my best to stay out of these stores especially after 11 pm.

C-stores prices on most things are already high and this will not help that matter.
    Last edited by joker1; August 19th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

They already have gotten violent, according to the story: "This summer, spontaneous incidents of group violence -- dubbed "flash robs" -- have happened in Minneapolis, Chicago, Cleveland, New York and Washington, among other cities. Most episodes involved groups of young people looting stores or assaulting pedestrians and then running off."

If I owned that store I'd hire a few large dudes to hang out in the back and when the teens come back let them loose to kick as much tail as they can.

Add Philly to that list of cities ......

New Video Surfaces Showing Unprovoked Attack By Philadelphia Teens | FoxNews.com

Funny how the video only now has surfaced.
    S&W / Taurus / Ruger / Beretta / Remington and Benelli .... and if all else fails I have my ... My .50 flintlock

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Shoot them." I'm in fear for my life".

Yes it's harsh, so is life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links