Thought somebody broke in !

This is a discussion on Thought somebody broke in ! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got awakened one morning by a loud crashing noise and my dog growling like mad.He is just a small toy poodle,not an attack dog.I ...

Thread: Thought somebody broke in !

I got awakened one morning by a loud crashing noise and my dog growling like mad.He is just a small toy poodle,not an attack dog.I got my glock and flashlight and checked the whole house,including the closets without finding anyone.Come to find out the plastic pieces that hold the silverware drawer in broke and the whole drawer fell down into a bunch of pie pans in the cabinet below.It sure woke me up though.It sounded like someone was breaking in for sure.This was about 4 AM.Needless to say my sleep was over for the night,but it could have been a lot worse.I would much rather fix the drawer than have to face someone actualy trying to get in. sj

I had the clothes rack in my closet collapse which is about 3 feet from my head.
    I jumped out of bed completely nude damn near across the entire room.
    I think it took a week for my blood presure to come back down.
    Would have made a hysterical youtube vid. Hell of way to wake up.

You ought to hear the racket that silverware makes when it hits aluminum pie pans from about 3 feet above them.

Man, my alarm clock clicking before it goes off wakes me up, if I heard that kind of racket, I'd have a heart attack....I'd never be able to get a sight picture from the adrenalin making my hands shake...
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

This is why I have a dog. I could probably sleep through a crash, and my wife can't understand how I can sleep with the light on (before she goes to bed)...when I'm out, I'm out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad you didn't let loose on the pie pans. Would be hard to make the tasty desserts with holes in them.

Every once in a while something will fall from the closet or a fan will blow something off of a table or counter ect at our home. Will definately get you awake in a hurry. Bad thing is, I will wake up from the sound of a plastic shopping bag ect being blown off a table and across the floor. Wife will sleep through me getting up, checking it out, having a snack, watching a tv show in the same room, the house being blown away from a storm, pretty much anything.

retsupt, send me whatever you're taking so I can sleep through the end of the world.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links