Castle doctrine question??

This is a discussion on Castle doctrine question?? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; People cuss attorneys all the time, but in that type of situation, you really need someone that understands the law. Even if everything was legal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Castle doctrine question??

People cuss attorneys all the time, but in that type of situation, you really need someone that understands the law. Even if everything was legal and correct and justified, it's a small price to pay. Changing your own oil might be alright, but doing your own legal work in a situation such as this, might not be a good idea.

2. Remove Ads

The "Castle Doctrine" can be a defense argument but it is not binding on the LEA or court to let you go.
    The shooting still has be adjudicated as a "justifiable shooting" and this will take some sort of court action. There are all sorts of scenarios where Castle Doctrine may not be a valid defense to a shooting in your home such as no forcible entry, so I would definitely call my attorney and consider the doctrine as simply another defense tool. I keep hearing that Prosecutors drop charges as "good shoot" but I have never seen or heard of such in our area. It always goes to at least the grand jury. If somebody gets shot there is going to be some sort of "paper action" and you want counsel for that.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

maybe that's how it goes in your home state, in fla it doesn't always need to get to court, in many castle doctrine type shootings the state's attorney just doesn't file charges and there is nothing to adjudicate in a court

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links