Man charged for shooting grizzly

This is a discussion on Man charged for shooting grizzly within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Another interesting case of self defense gone awry. PETA must be lovin' what's transpiring here. Grizzly shooter garners support - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Man charged for shooting grizzly

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Man charged for shooting grizzly

Another interesting case of self defense gone awry. PETA must be lovin' what's transpiring here.

Grizzly shooter garners support - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

2. Remove Ads

In today's paper it noted that Idaho Governor Butch Otter sent a letter to Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar on August 22 in Hill's defense.
    DefConGun likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Sorry the bear had to be shot but from all I have read so far THE BEAR HAD TO BE SHOT.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm thinkin', after he (justifiably) shot and killed the bear, he should've cut it up and and fed it to his pigs, i.e. poetic justice.

SSS........Shoot Shovel Shutup
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I've also learned the hard way that when it comes to gov't agencies, honesty and integrity is often not rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    SSS........Shoot Shovel Shutup
    We shouldn't need to follow that rule. Really, this is so ludicrous. How can someone who clearly was in the right for self defense still be facing charges? No law protecting endangered species takes our right away to defend ourselves from them.

This country needs to get some common sense when dealing with certain issues. This seems as stupid as trying to spend ourselves out of a recession...

Don't worry. This is Idaho.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    What a bunch of crap. It's just an animal...get over it. It's like the wolves the government is protecting in the northwest, while they're decimating the elk and deer herds, and slaughtering the ranchers livestock.

Animals don't take precedence over people...EVER...IMO
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Another interesting case of self defense gone awry. PETA must be lovin' what's transpiring here.

Grizzly shooter garners support - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News
    This is the federal government levying charges against the man for taking a protected species. Typical of the feds going one step above and beyond the obvious to waste taxpayer money and attempt to ruin someones life and financials just because. The federal prosecutor should be ashamed for even letting this thing get past his desk. Typical of fedgov. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Idaho... this is a federal case.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    This country (government) needs to get some common sense when dealing with certain issues. This seems as stupid as trying to spend ourselves out of a recession...
    Government and "common sense" is a contradiction in terms or an oxymoron as exemplified by this case. Hopefully, this guy gets off and his case will serve as a precedent for future self defense cases.

Based on what very limited information is in the story, STUPID is the only response I can come up with. Kids find mama bear outside with two cubs. Mama bear with cubs is dangerous.

Grizzly attacks teens in wilderness school: Bear Attacks | Alaska news at adn.com

How stupid is our federal government? Yep, it is this stupid. There is no common sense in bureaucracy. Just bureaucrats.

Wow, if the liberals in the comment section of that article are representative of the average liberal, then I've gotta say, they are all mentally ill.

I'm serious, the mental illness is so severe with those people commenting, it's down right scary.

They are very dangerous people. Very dangerous. I would say, a hell of a lot more dangerous than that bear was.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If there was no immediate danger, could/should alternative methods have been considered? I mean, the guy lives 5 miles from a known grizzly sanctuary... I'm sure they have experience transporting the animals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links