Man waiting in home to assault woman

This is a discussion on Man waiting in home to assault woman within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; More evidence and reasons why you (men-folk) need to train/educate your women-folk about SA and self defense. Then do what you have to do to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Man waiting in home to assault woman

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Man waiting in home to assault woman

More evidence and reasons why you (men-folk) need to train/educate your women-folk about SA and self defense. Then do what you have to do to get them properly trained and armed. This story could've ended very bad for the victim, but she got lucky (this time).

Police: Man Was Waiting In Home To Assault Woman

2. Remove Ads

Yep, he was up to no good! If I was the young lady involved in this incident, I would be first in line at the next CCW class, I'd have a new gun at home prior to signing up for the class.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounds like what BTK called his "kit" ...... look up and read about BTK (serial killer here). That's exactly what he did... then would tie them up, torture them, and then eventually strangle them.

That's a bad guy with plans, bad plans.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Holy moly, this is as scary as scary gets... Registered sex offender, stalker, rape/murder kit in his car, directions to the woman's house. She is one lucky woman (and a complete idiot if she doesn't get a ccw permit pronto)!

I'd be piling on the charges if I were the prosecutor. Not only would there be the first-degree home invasion, but with her address and directions to her house in his car, and known to her through her work, I'd at least get him for stalking as well as anything else I could get.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Sounds like what BTK called his "kit" ...... look up and read about BTK (serial killer here). That's exactly what he did... then would tie them up, torture them, and then eventually strangle them.

That's a bad guy with plans, bad plans.
    Dennis Rader (BTK)not only strangled them,but once they passed out would bring them back and then strangle them again,piece of dung shoulda been executed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Holy moly, this is as scary as scary gets... Registered sex offender, stalker, rape/murder kit in his car, directions to the woman's house. She is one lucky woman (and a complete idiot if she doesn't get a ccw permit pronto)!

I'd be piling on the charges if I were the prosecutor. Not only would there be the first-degree home invasion, but with her address and directions to her house in his car, and known to her through her work, I'd at least get him for stalking as well as anything else I could get.
    Strike 2 and 3,he apparently didn't learn anything,kill him before he rapes/kills somebodys wife/sister/mother
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Sadly something pretty much like this happened to my sister in-law, but the BG got in, beat her to a pulp, raped her, stole her car. It was a nice neighborhood too. NO particular reason he should have chosen her or her house. Just random bad luck for her.

One thing we learned, and it is something no one pays attention to, keep your sharp kitchen knives off the counter top, in a bottom draw, and covered with a towel. You don't want the BG to be able to shove you into the house, grab your own kitchen knife and put it to your throat.

The other part if of course precisely a matter of awareness. She let a stranger get too close while opening her front door.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

How terrible for her and your family. I extend my profound sympathy.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Sadly something pretty much like this happened to my sister in-law, but the BG got in, beat her to a pulp, raped her, stole her car. It was a nice neighborhood too. NO particular reason he should have chosen her or her house. Just random bad luck for her.

One thing we learned, and it is something no one pays attention to, keep your sharp kitchen knives off the counter top, in a bottom draw, and covered with a towel. You don't want the BG to be able to shove you into the house, grab your own kitchen knife and put it to your throat.

The other part if of course precisely a matter of awareness. She let a stranger get too close while opening her front door.

Man, sorry to read that, I hope she's doing well and getting back to some sibilance of a normal life. I know it's a difficult road, but family, love and time can work wonders.

My wife's niece had something similar happen a few years back, minus the beating, thankfully. She lives in SC. and we're in Ga. When we heard about it, we pretty much dropped everything and headed there for support. I remember it was a rough weekend that weekend. That situation forever transformed her for the meek timid defenseless mother of three, to an armed, deadly, and vigilant female, that will shoot if needed. They never found the guy, but these losers will meet their demise sooner or later, and I hope they die screaming.

The OPs story is how I like to see this things end up... I just wish all of the dirtbags would resist arrest and get a thorough beat down on their way to the poky.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Hopyard, I'm very sorry to hear that. Predators who prey on women and children are the scum of the earth.

I sincerely hope your SIL's ordeal, horrible as it was, has empowered her to become a stronger woman and one who can carry a gun in the future.

Having dealt with many rape/torture victims over the years, in the aftermath, they tend to go in one of two directions. Either they become an emotional bag of jello and lead a joyless and frightened life. Afraid of the dark, afraid to go out and afraid to trust anyone again. The other group tends to get angry at themselves for allowing it to happen in the first place and become stronger and rise up to overcome their ordeal and move on. They learn to accept responsibility for their own safety and often times will come to realize that a firearm is the best tool to immediately deal with such vile attacks in the future.

That's not to mean there isn't a lot of in-between emotions and mental issues, but they tend to move towards one direction or the other. If your sister in law is still having problems coming to terms with her life and what's in store for the future, I would recommend you buy her the book "Armed and Female" by Paxton Quigley. and check out her blog and website.

There's a lot of truth in what I use as my signature line.

Again, my deepest sympathies for your family Hoppy!
    oneshot likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Guantes and Gottab and Bark'n, thanks for the kind words of sympathy. Fortunately, it happened many years ago, and time does heal a things a bit. Now my sister in-law worries that he is going to get out of jail and come looking for her. So it is a never ending thing.

Otherwise, she is remarkably resilient and has done very very well.

My big problem is that my wife learned NOTHING from this sad episode. We have to argue about locking doors, turning on alarms, hiding knives, paying attention to surroundings. She thinks that because she has me around she is safe, and yet doesn't quite get the idea that not letting me keep one in my pocket all the time isn't staying safe.

She thinks that because I've studied Arnis and JJ and Krav, can handle a knife or a bo-staff, or a piece of bamboo, execute some throws and chokes, she is safe. She has no concept that there is only so much an old man can do if caught off guard or dealing with someone who has taken a hostage.

Sorry to vent, but this is a sore point with me. I am a big city boy who learned how to watch out for trouble at an early age. My wife and her sister are country mice; her sister paid the price for being naive, and I can only hope I am around long enough (and we stay lucky) that nothing happens here.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Guantes and Gottab and Bark'n, thanks for the kind words of sympathy. Fortunately, it happened many years ago, and time does heal a things a bit. Now my sister in-law worries that he is going to get out of jail and come looking for her. So it is a never ending thing.

Otherwise, she is remarkably resilient and has done very very well.

My big problem is that my wife learned NOTHING from this sad episode. We have to argue about locking doors, turning on alarms, hiding knives, paying attention to surroundings. She thinks that because she has me around she is safe, and yet doesn't quite get the idea that not letting me keep one in my pocket all the time isn't staying safe.

She thinks that because I've studied Arnis and JJ and Krav, can handle a knife or a bo-staff, or a piece of bamboo, execute some throws and chokes, she is safe. She has no concept that there is only so much an old man can do if caught off guard or dealing with someone who has taken a hostage.

Sorry to vent, but this is a sore point with me. I am a big city boy who learned how to watch out for trouble at an early age. My wife and her sister are country mice; her sister paid the price for being naive, and I can only hope I am around long enough (and we stay lucky) that nothing happens here.
    Hopyard, that's crazy. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

That is a horrible thing for anyone to imagine. Personally, I believe in capitol punishment for such things.

I also sympathize with your spousal dilemma. Fortunately, my wife is understanding of awareness, and such. And that, no matter how much we prepare, we can never guarantee safety. But, our chances are better with more numbers on our side.

My mother, on the other hand, is quite naive. She knows that there's evil out there, but rather thinks that her positive attitude will suffice. She hates guns, doesn't lock her doors, etc.

Anyway, my sympathies...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Two Words

Kill Him!!!!!

I could also go with No Mercy, but I still want to kill'em. Then he won't do it again I'm pretty sure.

Or we could just let him out again and assume his harmless like we did before.

Einstiens definition of insanity is doing the samething over and over and expecting different results. ????
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    BG got the victim's name from the bank she worked at. Obviously, he knew how to search for her address on the internet.

Police: Man Planned to Sexually Assault Woman in Her Royal Oak Home

Report said the female victim moved to Florida this week.... Hope she gets her carry permit and a good training course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links