My Wife Handles Situation with 9mm

This is a discussion on My Wife Handles Situation with 9mm within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would suggest taking a few moments to reflect between posts BadgerJ. Too many assumptions have been put forward that did not happen. Everything turned ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: My Wife Handles Situation with 9mm

VIP Member
    I would suggest taking a few moments to reflect between posts BadgerJ. Too many assumptions have been put forward that did not happen. Everything turned out fine, and all of us on DC are thankful for that.

If I may, I would like to put a few things out there to consider?

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    This is possibly true. He had to turn the car/van around to leave though.
    The fellow had to get back in his van first to do that. By Ktm's description, that was not going to happen.

I like to fight with both hands (though you can use the gun as a club in the close combat zone)
    Nothing wrong there for you, but what about a female of smaller size and strength? Most women are automatically at a disadvantage in physical confrontations with most men due to physical size and strength. Though I would not care to mess with Lima, she would kick my butt.

Why risk going hands on, especially when protecting your children?

Huh? If he tried to breach the door, I'd be shooting through the door if I was a female at home with two children. If I missed, I'd still have prior video out the window.
    Now that would at least get the shooter in front of a grand jury in Maryland.

Right, it takes a while, but if you say 'shots fired' it might be shorter time for a response. Good that she had the HG - in fact, essential.
    There are many rural communities where response times can be thirty minutes to an hour, even for high priority calls. Many areas of Western Maryland, like my area of Virginia, are like that.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Though I would not care to mess with Lima, she would kick my butt.
    +1 to that. I have the feeling that she would do that to a lot of people. Or, based on most of her posts that I've read be REALLY good at making you feel bad for thinking about attacking a woman.
    ---------------------------------------
    As for shooting through the door.... I keep really heavy loads in my HD 12ga. Not that I like the idea, but I made sure that the rounds from that WILL go through a door. If someone were to try kicking in my door, and not stop when I gave verbal warning "I am armed, and the police are on the way" I won't hesitate to put a round through the door. If they were to manage to get through before I could do something about it, they would meet the very nasty business end of a Remington. Then, there might be enough time for a while simultaneously messing themselves before they stop taking up my oxygen.

Or, if they're lucky, the police will show up before they get inside.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I would suggest taking a few moments to reflect between posts BadgerJ. Too many assumptions have been put forward that did not happen. Everything turned out fine, and all of us on DC are thankful for that.

If I may, I would like to put a few things out there to consider?

The fellow had to get back in his van first to do that. By Ktm's description, that was not going to happen.

Nothing wrong there for you, but what about a female of smaller size and strength? Most women are automatically at a disadvantage in physical confrontations with most men due to physical size and strength. Though I would not care to mess with Lima, she would kick my butt.

Why risk going hands on, especially when protecting your children?

Now that would at least get the shooter in front of a grand jury in Maryland.

There are many rural communities where response times can be thirty minutes to an hour, even for high priority calls. Many areas of Western Maryland, like my area of Virginia, are like that.
    I like the story I saw on another forum years ago.

The fellow said that he was a deputy way out west somewhere like Montana. He had a huge area to patrol, so big there was some areas he got in very very rarely.

He got this desperate call from this woman. She was having a baby, in labor, and it was her first so she was in need of help.

He said he hurried, did the best he could. Finally he got there.

When he rang the door bell, the kid answered the door.
    oakchas likes this.

I am still waiting to find out why anyone who makes a point of never going in bad neighborhoods goes around with a camera on one hip, a weapon on the other and is followed at all times by an armed back up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links