Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible?

This is a discussion on Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm planning a trip with the grand-brat. Anyone been thru the gate at the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and at Disneyland, in CA? None ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LoadedXD40
  • 1 Post By CalCarry

Thread: Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible?

I'm planning a trip with the grand-brat. Anyone been thru the gate at the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and at Disneyland, in CA? None of the websites say anything about firearms, but i am sure they frown on them. So i am concerned to know if I will be going thru a detector or a pat-down going in.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Um, it's California. The entire state is not CCW friendly, and every county is different. If you have a CCW permit in your home county and it's not SD county, your permit is not valid in SD county IIRC. So tread lightly on legal issues.

That said, my family and I had season passes at the SD zoo when we lived there and there were no metal detectors or pat downs. The one time I went to Sea World it was the same.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    The entire state is not CCW friendly, and every county is different. If you have a CCW permit in your home county and it's not SD county, your permit is not valid in SD county IIRC.
    Absolutely not correct. Whether your permit is issued in San Diego or any other of the 58 counties of CA, the permit is valid statewide. That's not to say it will be eagerly received in some cities (SF, LA, etc.) but it is valid statewide.

Also, the entire state is NOT anti. Some counties are very pro-2A but those are typically more rural. The worst areas are the high population density areas of San Francisco and Los Angeles where those who are supposed to issue CCW are actually in violation of various laws and court orders themselves. Visit the forums at Calguns.net for more info about CA's CCW and specific county issues.

I carry everywhere in CA legally. San Francisco is weird about it but I don't go there.
    While some businesses have rules against carrying I ignore that. They have to catch me, it's not against the law. I am aware of where it is not legal to concealed carry. I just don't want to have a public scene at the gate and then have to leave, as I will not leave the pistol in the car after it has become evident that I have one.

Realizing this thread is quite old, I'm still quite frustrated with the responses and would have really appreciated some more direct replies to Arborigine's simple question "if I will be going thru a detector or a pat-down going in." I returned yesterday from a lengthy trip to southern CA and entered the following parks; Disney Land, Lego Land, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and SS Midway (air craft carrier down town). Not one of these attractions have metal detectors, do NOT search your person, but WILL search bags. I didn't notice any signs posting weapons policies anywhere but common sense should be used here. We all know its private property and the preferences are obvious. Myself- I choose not to carry at the amusement parks. Would be very uncomfortable to ride the coasters, and i expected to be get wet, but to each their own. Short answer: If you are willing to risk being asked to leave private property, or possibly banned (if spotted) than you can absolutely carry a weapon through the gates. The fact that is so easy is concerning to me and don't blame those willing to ignore private policies. From other research Ive done in other forums you can check weapons and store in safes they have if you check in with security. Side note- MAGIC MOUNTAIN DOES HAVE A METAL DETECTOR

Sponsor
    Just did Seaworld last year with grand nephews, nephew and his wife. No metal detectors or pat downs, but I can't remember if there's a no weapons sign at the entrance or not. I was visiting from Az, so I didn't take a firearm with me on the trip into never never land ca.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Um, it's California. The entire state is not CCW friendly, and every county is different. If you have a CCW permit in your home county and it's not SD county, your permit is not valid in SD county IIRC. So tread lightly on legal issues.

That said, my family and I had season passes at the SD zoo when we lived there and there were no metal detectors or pat downs. The one time I went to Sea World it was the same.
    Dude- these sort of replies are very disappointing. I'm not quite sure where you received your training but you need to take another class. It should be the priority of your instructor to make sure his student knows WHERE & HOW to carry. It was already well said by Rivers but I just cant ignore your reply. Unfortunately a large portion of our society will be too lazy to do their own due diligence and keep themselves informed and believe false information posted by people such as your self. My Placer County issued CCW is legal state wide as long as I follow basic provisions from my issuing sheriff. Provisions change county to county but it wont limit your state wide travel. I will only remind everyone that is is your responsibility to stay updated on constant changes to laws and requirements, especially here in Kalifornia.

MinistrMalic- I want to thank for your post here as it was the motivation I needed to join this forum
    Czombie likes this.

On timeout
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedXD40 View Post
    Dude- these sort of replies are very disappointing. I'm not quite sure where you received your training but you need to take another class. It should be the priority of your instructor to make sure his student knows WHERE & HOW to carry. It was already well said by Rivers but I just cant ignore your reply. Unfortunately a large portion of our society will be too lazy to do their own due diligence and keep themselves informed and believe false information posted by people such as your self. My Placer County issued CCW is legal state wide as long as I follow basic provisions from my issuing sheriff. Provisions change county to county but it wont limit your state wide travel. I will only remind everyone that is is your responsibility to stay updated on constant changes to laws and requirements, especially here in Kalifornia.

MinistrMalic- I want to thank for your post here as it was the motivation I needed to join this forum
    The user you are chastising hasn't logged on to this site in nearly two years. That said, welcome to the forum.

Please enlighten us more, oh wise newcomer. And welcome.

Thanks, Loaded. I was down there last month and took a ride on the Maritime Museums steam yacht Medea. Great way to tour the harbor, where I lived when I ran a small swordfish boat in the 80s. I will be down again later this month and take the grand brat to seaworld this time, and do it armed. I was in Sac last week and brought home a 56 Ford bread truck.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedXD40 View Post

LoadedXD40, this is a national forum and anyone that resides outside California cannot Legally carry in California. There is no reciprocity and there aren't any non resident or out of state permits. The lack of response(s), and naive answers are probably due to the fact that many of the forum members here have no experience with carrying anywhere in California let alone at Sea World. It's like expecting you to know the firearms laws of Cuba. Welcome, and carry safe.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Sponsored Links