Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible?

This is a discussion on Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm planning a trip with the grand-brat. Anyone been thru the gate at the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and at Disneyland, in CA? None ...

Thread: Are San Diego Zoo, Sea World CCW possible?

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

I'm planning a trip with the grand-brat. Anyone been thru the gate at the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and at Disneyland, in CA? None of the websites say anything about firearms, but i am sure they frown on them. So i am concerned to know if I will be going thru a detector or a pat-down going in.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Um, it's California. The entire state is not CCW friendly, and every county is different. If you have a CCW permit in your home county and it's not SD county, your permit is not valid in SD county IIRC. So tread lightly on legal issues.

That said, my family and I had season passes at the SD zoo when we lived there and there were no metal detectors or pat downs. The one time I went to Sea World it was the same.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    The entire state is not CCW friendly, and every county is different. If you have a CCW permit in your home county and it's not SD county, your permit is not valid in SD county IIRC.
    Absolutely not correct. Whether your permit is issued in San Diego or any other of the 58 counties of CA, the permit is valid statewide. That's not to say it will be eagerly received in some cities (SF, LA, etc.) but it is valid statewide.

Also, the entire state is NOT anti. Some counties are very pro-2A but those are typically more rural. The worst areas are the high population density areas of San Francisco and Los Angeles where those who are supposed to issue CCW are actually in violation of various laws and court orders themselves. Visit the forums at Calguns.net for more info about CA's CCW and specific county issues.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I carry everywhere in CA legally. San Francisco is weird about it but I don't go there.
    While some businesses have rules against carrying I ignore that. They have to catch me, it's not against the law. I am aware of where it is not legal to concealed carry. I just don't want to have a public scene at the gate and then have to leave, as I will not leave the pistol in the car after it has become evident that I have one.

Sponsored Links