Quick Road Trip,Different Resort??

This is a discussion on Quick Road Trip,Different Resort?? within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My family and I usually come to Myrtle Beach several times a year. We normally stay in the same resort and are very comfortable with ...

My family and I usually come to Myrtle Beach several times a year. We normally stay in the same resort and are very comfortable with our souroundings as we have been here many times before. This weekend happens to be one of my daughters birthdays. Unfourtunatly I forgot to book the room ahead of time and the place we always stay was booked solid because of Shaggers(some kind of dance). Anyway we had to book room in a totally unfamilure hotel and here I sit
    at 12am totally awake because of all the ongoings outside my door. Fourtunitly I deceided to bring along a "friend" because of the uncertainity of our surroundings.I dont think Im going to get much sleep for the next couple days but if any its because I came prepared. Anyone else ever booked a room using the internet and wind up in a place they dont want to be? Sure dident look like this in the pictures!!!!! We live in GA and SC dose not reciprocate with c/c but I can carry in vehicle and have in hotel room. Still a very uneasy feeling not to be armed ay all times.

TC

The first time my wife booked us a hotel in Paris I wouldn't even stop the car to tell them that we wouldn't be staying. I was afraid the wheels would be stolen and the car would be on blocks by the time I returned. We then made our way to a better place, they even called and cancelled the reservations with the original hotel.
    We were not charged for the last minute cancellation although I was prepared to fight it with the credit card company I used to make the reservations.

unfortunately those are the chances you take when travelling, what stopped you from checking out of the place and finding a better place to stay?

I've had that happen a time or two. Fortunately, I did not have to concern myself with reciprocity.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Links