Gotta Love Apartment Living

This is a discussion on Gotta Love Apartment Living within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a visitor at about 6:45 this morning. I was in the living room feeding my daughter and someone started banging on the door. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gotta Love Apartment Living

Gotta Love Apartment Living

I had a visitor at about 6:45 this morning. I was in the living room feeding my daughter and someone started banging on the door.

It was a sheriff's deputy looking for the previous resident; she had some civil documents to serve him with.

Made me think, what if it wasn't a friendly sheriff's deputy at my door but the not so friendly dealer the previous resident ripped off....what if it had been police with a no knock warrant......

It also made me think about the posts that I have read here and other places where members say they will shoot any individual that identifies himself as police after kicking in their door because they are not into anything that is illegal. Well, neither am I, nor do I have any pending civil action against me…the last resident of this apartment, however, did. We often talk about rules two and three, let’s not forget the fourth.

I also thought about why I carry in my home, had this actually been a threat I would have been able to respond. Thankfully it was not.

Just thought I would share. Have a great day
    nerdyvirgin likes this.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Apartment living stinks. I've promised myself never again. I'd live in a tent before I lived in an apartment again.

Anyway, a quick word about the no knocks- There has to be fresh information and eyes on the apartment to get a no knock, so your chances are better to be struck by lightning. And that is all I expect to here about them- this thread is not about that. Any more posts about them will be deleted and replaced with a link explaining what they are and are not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Apartment living stinks
    You can say that again!! I am so grateful I now have a career and I will be able to get my family in a house after this lease is up.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    this thread is not about that.
    Thanks SIXTO.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    What I am wondering is why are you feeding your daughter in the living room?
    LOL!!!! When she first wakes up she likes to drink a cup of oatmeal (mainly water and a little bit of baby oatmeal...she's a bit strange, but she gets it honest ) and it is more comfortable for me to sit on the couch while letting her drink.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Please tell me you advised her of her (or her dispatcher's) gross incompetence.
    Nah, she was just doing her job w/the intell she had. To me it didn't make much sense to get bent out of shape over something like that....
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

I agree, my wife and I bought a house earlier this year using my va benefits. I was so glad to get out of that apartment. The complex was going down fast.

I hated apartments. I purchased my first house at age 22 and never looked back.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I hated apartments too,but you can move easier than buying a house in what seems to be a good neighborhood and then have undesirable renters move in a couple houses down,but in all reality there is no guarantee you won't encounter people looking for other people,I still get junk mail with previous owners names 5 years later
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Must be a few deleted posts there...
    Yes, like I needed one more off topic post to delete.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Find out who was there before

I understand that the tenants before me (actually I'm in a rental house) were raided by the police and a swat team. So yes, possible druggies or police could come again.

So yes, it is a good idea to find out who the former tenants were, neighbors were the ones that told me of the prior situation.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; May 3rd, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Seems to me this could happen anytime you are living where someone else has lived previously. It could be a home you recently purchased. The only way to avoid it is to only move into new construction exclusively.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Apartment complex... never... again....

I also carry inside, you spend the majority of your life inside your house, so it's always a good idea. :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I used to live in apartments when I lived in California but since moving to Texas I am now a homeowner with a huge yard plus I own some real estate land with acreage where I could easily put an RV or mobile so I am set without any future apartments.

Guess I'm lucky enough to live in a higher level apartment complex that performs criminal background checks on every single occupant in every apartment along with the usual credit check, contributes to a safe feeling quiet living environment. Of course I still have my coach gun, Mini-14 and M&P9 hidden in strategic locations haha.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

the problem with apartments are when I move in it raise the living standards
    goldshellback likes this.

You need to find an apartment where the old folks live. Talk about quite!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post

It also made me think about the posts that I have read here and other places where members say they will shoot any individual that identifies himself as police after kicking in their door because they are not into anything that is illegal.
    Some people around here (and other gun forums) have a habit of talking big and far beyond their abilities. Don't take them seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links