Retired Doctors Tied Up, Robbed In Yuba City Home

This is a discussion on Retired Doctors Tied Up, Robbed In Yuba City Home within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I doubt many of the readers here are likely to just open the door when the doorbell rings unexpectedly, but this can serve as a ...

Thread: Retired Doctors Tied Up, Robbed In Yuba City Home

I doubt many of the readers here are likely to just open the door when the doorbell rings unexpectedly, but this can serve as a reminder to remind our loved ones -- and those not so well loved -- to use the peep hole. This is the second story I've read recently of robbers dressed as pizza delivery guys.

"The male victim said he answered the door and no one was there, but then the armed suspects rushed around the corner. They were carrying a pizza box but were also wearing masks, he said. They went through the house room by room and spent more than an hour inside, according to the female victim. She said they also threatened to cut her finger off if she didnít surrender a gold ring. The men also threatened to kill both victims.... They [were] armed with a gun and a knife.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    We are trying to teach our kids not to run to the door when someone knocks or rings the bell, it's a huge work in progress.

You have to stop them at the door.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

why you would live in such luxury and not arm yourself is beside me. My last girlfriend's parents were both doctors and lived in a MANSION on 65 acres, with horses, sent all the kids to private schools and universities, took me on trips to Hawaii, etc. Very prominent and well known family known for their wealth in the small town we live in. Yet, unfortunately, they insist on keeping the doors unlocked, windows cracked and no firearms in the house.

I could never convince them to, either
    ĒA free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Sponsored Links