They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months !

This is a discussion on They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months ! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i would consider a rem 870 20ga in a youth model. i had one i used for turkey hunting with a 20in barrel i paid ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months !

i would consider a rem 870 20ga in a youth model. i had one i used for turkey hunting with a 20in barrel i paid $250 for it new i think it would be a great shotgun for your wife and daughter.
    "A PERSON WHO LEGALLY CARRIES A CONCEALED FIREARM IS THE BEST ASSET FOR ANY COMMUNITY, THEY DETER CRIMES BEFORE THEY EVER HAPPEN."

"I CHOOSE TO CARRY TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE I LOVE FROM THE MONSTERS IN THE WORLD. WHEN I AM NOT AROUND THEM I CHOOSE TO CARRY SO THAT I MAY RETURN TO THEM."

2. Remove Ads

One bad ass dog , might help, take a weeks vacation and waitn for the BG n have a face to face with him.....or them.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by REDROCKET View Post
    It goes with me to work
    No i dont ..... but my wife is afraid to use it and my daughter is only 16 even tho she shoots that LC9 very well at 15 yards.

This is why im asking for advice , Thanks
    Get a gun, either a handgun or more preferable a shot gun for the wife and daughter and get the wife past her fear of using it on someone trying to harm her or your daughter. She MUST get past this fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Assuming the story isn't somehow being exaggerated, OP should seriously consider moving his wife and child out of there to a relative or a friend's home until this gets figured out and settled down.

If OP has a male friend or relative who can stay with him in that house after the family is gone, that would be a good idea too. And if the family can't be moved, then maybe it would still be a good idea (even if quite inconvenient) to have a male friend or relative stay there for awhile.

Something is going on. It sounds more like they are after the daughter than intent on a burglary. So get her and your wife the heck out of there.

Also, everyone has to be very attentive before leaving the house and on returning. You don't want to provide an opportunity for someone in waiting to push their way in or to grab someone on their way home--- and that someone grabbed could be the man of the house.

Sorry if that frightens you, but it sounds like you have a serious problem that calls for very serious and vigorous action.

(It might be an inept and almost harmless peeping Tom, but you can't bet your life on that.)
    I agree with this at least in part.

I want to Thank EVERYONE for the overwhelming response and support for me and my family...... Ive gotten great positive feed back and ways to protect ourselves.

I moved here 3 years ago after dating my now wife, the area was full of Canadians but all have been moving out rapidly . I rent and I was just holding off from moving because we are looking to buy a house in far west Ft Lauderdale area near horse country on 1 or 2 acre lots near highway 27.

Yes this is a rude awakening for us thats why I went out and got my CCW and the LC9, its time to move out ASAP even tho I dont want to sign another lease but I think thats what its gonna take for our safety till we buy that house.

Ive been looking at the Mossberg 500 and been talking to the family about it for home security . Ive never ever seen crime so bad like it is today ..... but yes im in Miami.

And yes I agree on the scary part of them looking to attack my family and just breaking in for that reason and not stealing anything.

I keep my gun ready and loaded with 7 + 1 in the chamber and a spare mag next to my night stand, gonna get me the shotgun this weekend and we our going out looking at apartments even tho we are renting a house now but the time is urgent and priceless for us.

Just want to Thank everyone again !!!!

Victor
    You rent this house so there is no reason at all not to move. You don't have to sell a house, you just need to break the lease. My advice to you, the strongest I can give you is this: get your family out of this area. Move to a better place. You already know beyond a certainty that the neighborhood is being set upon by people who break into homes, and it sounds like they want to get into your home very badly for some reason, whether it be for material goods or for your daughter and wife, so it is time to get the hell out of there, for good.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links