They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months !

This is a discussion on They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months ! within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let me start the story ........ About 3 months ago my neighbor saw a guy looking thru my kitchen window at 10:00PM and there have ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: They keep trying to break into my house for the past 3 months !

Let me start the story ........
    About 3 months ago my neighbor saw a guy looking thru my kitchen window at 10:00PM and there have been recent robberies in my area, so I went got my concealed weapons license and got my first gun ever (a Ruger LC9) And I got me a holster and an extra mag.

I get up early for work and leave the house around 3:00AM.
    One day my wife called me as I'm driving to work and said the dogs and my cockatoo are going crazy.
    She heard a guy running around the house tripping and falling so she called 911.
    When the cops showed up they blocked off the area and went "house to house" and found out that 3 other homes were robbed before mine.
    Thank God for the 2 dogs and bird.

So now it's time to protect my wife and 16 yr old daughter.
    I got them both a 300 lumens tactical light and a large pepper spray which they both keep at their side on the night stand.
    I took them both shooting at the gun range and had some personnal home training done.

The problem im having is that I'm calling 911 every week because some one keeps trying to break in.
    Another neighbor saw some other guy going in and out of my property 3 times in 1 day.
    Again...I call the cops & they put a "look out watch" on my address.

I'm just looking for some advice and any words of wisdom out here in this forums.
    Please remember I'm new at this and I'm trying to do my homework and protect my family.

Thanks,
    Victor

Feel free to ask any questions if you maybe feel I left some important info out.
    By the way they just fired 44 police officers in my town (North Miami Beach FL ) ...

VIP Member
    Just to make sure I understand-- Is it true that they actually got into The House, dogs presence notwithstanding while your family was home?

Is it correct that you are saying they have returned several times but have not gotten into the house, just tried?

Does this mean they got in your house or were just outside in your yard or at a door or window? "another neighbor saw some other guy going in and out of my property 3 times in 1 day..."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Does the LC9 remain home with the wife when you go to work?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Does the LC9 remain home with the wife when you go to work?
    It goes with me to work

Do you need the gun more than the wife does at home?
    Guest1, dbw8906 and shockwave like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Just to make sure I understand-- Is it true that they actually got into The House, dogs presence notwithstanding while your family was home?

Is it correct that you are saying they have returned several times but have not gotten into the house, just tried?

Does this mean they got in your house or were just outside in your yard or at a door or window?
    They havent broken in yet they keep trying when im home and when I leave for work.... they are looking in thru the windows front and rear door and around the property but have not broken in yet. And its 2 different guys according to my nieghbors that have seen them at night.

mel
    Time to set up a camera outside your house to cover entrances. If you can set it up to wireless Internet so you can have the feed at work as well, if you have access. Sad to hear that you and your family have to live with this over your head. Be safe.
    oneshot and Herknav like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Do you need the gun more than the wife does at home?
    No i dont ..... but my wife is afraid to use it and my daughter is only 16 even tho she shoots that LC9 very well at 15 yards.

This is why im asking for advice , Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Time to set up a camera outside your house to cover entrances. If you can set it up to wireless Internet so you can have the feed at work as well, if you have access. Sad to hear that you and your family have to live with this over your head. Be safe.
    Thanks...... thats what the officer told us to do, but what sucks is I leave for work at 3 am and the family is sleeping but the dogs and the the bird are doing their job keeping them alert.

VIP Member
    Faster Horses; Younger Women; More Money

Bigger Dog; Alarm System; Shotty

Put window intrusion alarms on every window. Even the cheap ones that don't send to a monitor will give the occupants a few seconds warning, let you know something is up (a hand on the window), and the potential intruder might think it is sending to a monitoring company and stay out.

Similarly, you need intrusion alarms on the door and one of those gadgets that keep the door from being kicked in easily.

Wife needs a shotty.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Motion sensor floodlights around the house might help. It might be a good idea to acquire additional firepower for the wife and daughter to have available at home.
    DefConGun, oneshot and marcclarke like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Get a used Revolver, Teach wife & daughter to shoot it. Time comes I think she'll do the right thing needed to do ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Motion sensor floodlights around the house might help. It might be a good idea to acquire additional firepower for the wife and daughter to have available at home.
    Just got done putting flood lights all over the house in every corner and looking to leave the LC9 at home and getting me a Glock 26 to carry .
    Buckj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Get a used Revolver, Teach wife & daughter to shoot it. Time comes I think she'll do the right thing needed to do ; )
    H/D
    I take them shooting on sunday mornings they do a great job on the targets but the wife will have to learn to use it when the time comes ifn its her life or the BG

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Faster Horses; Younger Women; More Money

Bigger Dog; Alarm System; Shotty

Put window intrusion alarms on every window. Even the cheap ones that don't send to a monitor will give the occupants a few seconds warning, let you know something is up (a hand on the window), and the potential intruder might think it is sending to a monitoring company and stay out.

Similarly, you need intrusion alarms on the door and one of those gadgets that keep the door from being kicked in easily.

Wife needs a shotty.
    THANKS..... thats the next step is the intrusion alarm and window sensors !!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links