Utility company "re-possesses" street lights from city

This is a discussion on Utility company "re-possesses" street lights from city within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't live in this particular town but it's time for its residents to be "prepared". DTE deal pulls out lights in Highland Park...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Utility company "re-possesses" street lights from city

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

I don't live in this particular town but it's time for its residents to be "prepared".

DTE deal pulls out lights in Highland Park
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Highland Park+no street lights ="more theft,rapes,robberies and murders"!

I wonder how that hope and change is working out for the folks of Highland Park?
    Guest1, garyacman, Doodle and 2 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I think everyone should stop whining and start putting up their own lights charged to their own meter? Sorry, street lights are not free. JMO

Hmm,WOW,didn't think about that,i'm going to quit paying all the" taxes" my city imposes,for things such as this and see what happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I think everyone should stop whining and start putting up their own lights charged to their own meter? Sorry, street lights are not free. JMO
    Doodle likes this.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    My county is kind enough to provide a break down, (pie graph by percent), showing how they spend my property taxes. there is a sliver of the pie for street lights.

Taxes.jpg
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I hope the property taxes go down for everyone since that service is no longer being funded.

VIP Member
    Desperate governments coming to a town near you, and lying about your safety. I always carry a flashlight in Chicago and Detroit. This should help the price of my Trijicon stock.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Huh,they will go up,City Council will say "crime is up in this area so we need more overtime officers,gotta raise taxes to pay overtime!"
    I hope the property taxes go down for everyone since that service is no longer being funded.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I wonder how that hope and change is working out for the folks of Highland Park?

Residents HOPE that somebody CHANGES their mind and decides not to remove the street lights.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Less for more....more or less everywhere
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    This is a nice object lesson on how quickly things can break down.

Wait until a city can't meet emergency services payroll and see what happens.

Here we pay extra on our light bill every month for our street lights. And more if we choose to get a security light (street light on a switch we control) in our back yard.

Street lights are part of my property taxes (actually listed on the statement). So I guess our area is good for a while.

What's the old saying about will the last one to leave turn out the street lights.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Hargrove claims a Highland Park police officer tried to cash in on his loss.

"He contacted me about a week after my air conditioner was stolen and told me he'd make sure my place didn't get broken into — if I paid him $650 every two weeks," he said. "That's like paying protection to the Mafia."

From The Detroit News: Wayne County | DTE deal pulls out lights in Highland Park | The Detroit News
    Woooow... Sucks to live in Detroit I guess.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links