Yay.

This is a discussion on Yay. within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; About 10 minutes ago I heard a wonderful thing from a couple blocks over. 15 rounds of 9mm. Three five shot bursts- semi auto. Just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Yay.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Yay.

About 10 minutes ago I heard a wonderful thing from a couple blocks over. 15 rounds of 9mm. Three five shot bursts- semi auto. Just double checked the .45- dropped the mag to verify all 10 rounds in place, and did a quick press check to verify my '+1' even though I have a LCI.

"Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

You be careful!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You be careful!
    Thanks. Always careful, though. I usually don't go outside after dark/dusk. And, I always have at least my .357 on me. Lately, it's been the .45. And, I'm always one door away from the 12ga, which is one pump away from DOA.

(Yeah, I made it rhyme; because I could )
    joker1 likes this.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    Good Lord! What kind of neighborhood is that? Are such events normal? How do you cope with living there? I know the world is a fairly dangerous place, and my neighborhood has a few issues, but I can't recall anything like what you are describing.
    Be Careful! And maybe move if possible.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs-special-guy View Post
    Good Lord! What kind of neighborhood is that? Are such events normal? How do you cope with living there? I know the world is a fairly dangerous place, and my neighborhood has a few issues, but I can't recall anything like what you are describing.
    Be Careful! And maybe move if possible.
    It's just outside of downtown Rock Hill. I didn't know the area was quite so bad before I moved in here. But, I've since found out that if you cross the railroad tracks just outside the house, you get into the 'Summerseat' neighborhood. Which is that neighborhood the people go 'oh' when you say you drive through there. And, not to offend anyone, but it's also the neighborhood that the big white guy gets stared at for driving through, or going to the grocery store in. Which is why I ALWAYS carry- too many thug types trying to 'claim' neighborhoods in this world. But, everyone here is friendly enough, and I've had no problems with anyone but the landlord- he's a cheap.... person, and we've had some issues with used refrigerators. But, that's something else entirely.

Overall, it's rather nice. But, the violence seems to have increased a bit since it's started getting colder- I think that's because nobody really has the energy to be violent in summer in SC. I know I wouldn't.

We will be moving as soon as this lease is up, but I have no idea where yet.

VIP Member
    I always thought Rock Hill was a nice area. The cancer seems to be creeping in everywhere, though. Be vigilant.
    shooterX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I always thought Rock Hill was a nice area. The cancer seems to be creeping in everywhere, though. Be vigilant.
    It is! Don't get me wrong- Rock Hill is a wonderful area, with lots of great people. But, every town has it's 'neighborhood'. I won't walk across the street from my grandparent's house without carrying at least a 12ga. They've been in their current house for almost 30 years, but the neighborhood across from them is terrible. The area on the side of the street they're on is full of older families, and an elementary school; I used to ride my bike around their neighborhood for hours on end, and I feel comfortable walking around there.

I love it up here, I just had the misfortune to move before I could find out about the area around me.

And, my wife gets rather upset at me still; when I hear someone outside walking by, I always turn the tv down just a little, and stop talking to listen. Drives her CRAZY. ...And entertains me a little.

mel
    It is a damn shame that people have to be afraid to go outside their own residence after dark. I don't mean that in a demeaning manner, it is just a shame that we live in a society where people have to weigh the risks of walking out their front door, or take the chance of being shot.

Be safe.

tts
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    It is a damn shame that people have to be afraid to go outside their own residence after dark. I don't mean that in a demeaning manner, it is just a shame that we live in a society where people have to weigh the risks of walking out their front door, or take the chance of being shot.

Be safe.
    I agree, that's outrageous.

ROCK HILL | Shots fired into Rock Hill home | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

If you map this, I'm really only about 2 blocks away.

So... yeah.

It is a shame. And, the wife texted me earlier to tell me that she heard more shots. But, she can't tell which is which.

Night time low-light practice? Hey I tried to put a positive spin on it
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Can you call in an airstrike?
    shooterX likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    This may be your best bet. Clear up a one block perimeter.
    shooterX likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If only civilians could, I would have called one on the "drug" house I use to live across from 5 years ago!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My dad lived out in Bethelwood towards York. Nice, quiet neighborhood. But he kept a sawed-off 20 ga handy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links