Home Invasion Thwarted

Home Invasion Thwarted

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Thwarted within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For the past two years or so I've read several threads on whether or not to carry at home and usually finished with mixed feelings. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By OldVet

Thread: Home Invasion Thwarted

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Home Invasion Thwarted

For the past two years or so I've read several threads on whether or not to carry at home and usually finished with mixed feelings. Normally my firearms are securely tucked away once I enter my "castle." For some reason tonight, though, I kept a handgun at arm's reach. Well, an experience convinced me that it's foolhardy not to.

Tonight a bunch of thugs rushed my door, looking for trouble. I knew they were up to no good because each had taken great pains to disguise their appearance and wore horrendous masks. Thank the Lord for my Glock 30 and my HD G21 magazine stuffed with 230 grain Win. PDX1s. I even had enough ammo capacity to fight off two groups of would-be reinforcements that charged forth, attempting to enter and rob me of my precious belongings. No sooner had I refilled the emptied mags than another even scarier group hopped out of a mini-van to try yet one more assault.

What's that, dear? It's Halloween?

Uh-oh. . . . Hee-hee. Candy anyone?

Buckj, gunthorp and OD* like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Full metal jacketed lollipops anyone!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Be careful when shooting the little Iron Man looking ones, ricochet is a beeyotch.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

The SUGS are too lazy to walk my driveway, It's a good 75 yrds of road, But I was ready for that lone stragler ; )
    H/D PS I wind upeating the candy myself :-(
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I'm carrying tonight, of all nights. I live in a nice quiet neighborhood but you never know when something will happen and an experience a few years ago taught me otherwise.
    I was in Riverside, Buffalo at a friends house for Halloween. His girl didn't like the thought of me having a loaded .38 so I unloaded it and left it on the table. Trick or treating went fine but about 10PM a guy starts pounding on the door yelling Trick or Treat. We can see his buddy looking in the front window, paper-bagged 40oz in hand. My friend pulls a 9mm Taurus out of the couch, drops in the mag, rakes the slide and goes to the door. I'm stupidly fumbling with my .38. The guy at the window yells to his buddy "they got a gun, run" and the two took off.
    Common sense told us that two drunk 20 somethings pounding on doors out at 10Pm are not looking for candy.
    It also told me never to unload my .38 to please a lady.

Jim

That was Hilarious!!!

I was happy to hand out candy tonight to all the little ghouls, ninja turtles, and other assorted scary types.

I didn't keep count but I would say about 50 kids came by ranging from 2 yo to about 15 or so. One of the cutest ones was a little guy about 4 yo wearing a little army uniform. He looked proud. A fun time was had by all.

However, since you never know, I had the .45 in a smart carry and inside the door out of sight was the mossberg.

violinjim: well said sir - I will learn from your lesson. Stick to your routine.

ep1953: good to appreciate the "fun time had by all" including the due diligence of a .45 and mossberg nearby. Well prepared and not one of the little trick-or-treaters the wiser.

I feel better with my 9mm in my night stand at "arm's reach" with one in the chamber. Even in a slumber, I can reach it, drop the safety and kneel by my bedroom door (nice not having kids). Just gotta work on having one on my wife's side as I am a heavy sleeper. I also like the idea of a Mossberg under the bed.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

Zombies can take a lot of lead...ammo up folks

OD*
    Thanks for the chuckle.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Links