Ready for War (Halloween is almost here)

This is a discussion on Ready for War (Halloween is almost here) within the Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So here we are on Oct 31st at approx 1638 (4:38 PM for non military types) dressed ready for war. There was an e-mail circulating ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ready for War (Halloween is almost here)

Distinguished Member

Ready for War (Halloween is almost here)

So here we are on Oct 31st at approx 1638 (4:38 PM for non military types) dressed ready for war. There was an e-mail circulating today from the Fort Bragg NC Provost Marshall (Military Cops), Fayetteville Police, and Cumberland County Sheriffs Office stating to be on the look out for possible home invaders this evening (What a wonderful town I decided to bring my wife to "Thanks US Army"). So I decided I'm going to sit on the porch alone the wife is going to stay inside and I will be armed with my Glock 23 in my Hip Holster with 2 extra 15 round magazines, my Glock 27 with a 10 rounder and 2 extra 15 round magazines in a shoulder holster and my shotgun behind the door. Happy Halloween to all, stay safe and keep your head on a swivel.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Hope the wife is armed in case the perimeter is overrun or there is attack from the flank or rear
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    All the stories we see here about home invasions following a ring of the doorbell. I wonder if this is going to be a problem tonight.

Happy Holloween, Y'all.

Missing the home invaisions, at least until I can leave work. Gonna miss the opportunity to scare the kiddies.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I hate to say it,but I quit handing out candy about 3 years ago,first year I moved here I bought about 30.00 worth which was at least 3 times as much as I gave out when I lived in Kansas,and usually had some left over,I moved here and it looked like an invasion from Mexico,and I'm not kidding.Over 1/2 the cars dropping kids out had Mexico plates,I saw vans driving down the street with the sliding doors open and kids in the doorways jumping out when the van slowed down to stop.$30.00 in candy was gone in 30 minutes,I turned the light off and went inside,second year was a repeat and that did it for me,and I live 30 miles from the border,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You are always welcome back you know.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member
    I only heard a couple gun shots this year.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

All is quiet here now at 8:30 but I'm still armed. Warm night and sugared up Teenagers could spell trouble.

Jim

I'm still waiting for the "GREAT PUMPKIN"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, we just got home from trick-or-treating.. Not me exactly, but we take our daughter and just stay in the street far enough back that we can see her as she goes door to door. Obviously, upon re-entering our home I checked everything out. At least I got some exercise and the weather was fantastic this evening.. Nice 70 degrees. My daughter obviously enjoyed it.

The one scenario I couldn't figure out how to handle kept going through my mind, though. I realize this is extremely unlikely, but what if my daughter rang the door bell, then somebody just opened the door, grabbed her, and pulled her inside. What would the next step be? I'm armed but I would have to break into the home and would have no idea what would be inside waiting for me. Obviously we could call 911, but by the time they arrived, it might be too late. Fortunately, I've never heard of that happening.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I'm preparing as well. Friday i will be buying a LOT of pumpkins on sale and taking them out to be executed. Deer love to clean them up afterwards.
    Buckj likes this.

a father walked his kid up to the house with his AR slung over his shoulders...... so , I guess he wanted to be ready...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Dogs outside tonight. Come oh great chew toy.

BOO!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links